Amazon Product Reviews/ratings.. misleading, possibly a scam

1235»

Comments

• pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 October 2016 at 5:34PM
    Hybernia
    We have done our best to get through but I think it is pointless knocking at the door if no one is at home :)
  • pineapple
    Ok I haven't been on one of these site but do they have an 'unhelpful' vote button or are they just sites where people can share their views freely without having to suffer the rudeness of being called 'unhelpful' when all they have done is given up their time to try to help others.
    Why don't you visit the Amazon site then you will have some idea of what's being discussed.
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    pineapple wrote: »
    Hybernia
    We have done our best to get through but I think it is pointless knocking at the door if no one is at home :)

You have done your best to persuade others that it is perfectly acceptable to call someone unhelpful, when they have tried to help and given up their free time to do so. If you asked someone directions in the street and they didn't reply to your liking would to say to their face thats unhelpful? No I don't think so as that would be rude so I can't understand why people find it acceptable to do so anonymously online.
    Why don't you visit the Amazon site then you will have some idea of what's being discussed.

I do shop on amazon and I do read the reviews like I said earlier I have never voted anyone unhelpful even if I believe it is as I appreciate that person has at least given up their time to make the effort to post a review. I do however vote helpful for those that are.
  • pineapple
    edited 12 October 2016 at 6:18PM
    I do shop on amazon and I do read the reviews like I said earlier I have never voted anyone unhelpful even if I believe it is as I appreciate that person has at least given up their time to make the effort to post a review. I do however vote helpful for those that are.
    But strangely, this is what you said earlier
    Ok I haven't been on one of these site but do they have an 'unhelpful' vote button or are they just sites where people can share their views freely without having to suffer the rudeness of being called 'unhelpful' when all they have done is given up their time to try to help others.
    To be fair - it wasn't very convincing! :rotfl:
    I hardly think posting something like 'Great' is 'given up their time to make the effort to post a review'.
    It seems we will have to agree to disagree. ;)
  • iammumtoone
    I hardly think posting something like 'Great' is 'given up their time to make the effort to post a review'.
    It seems we will have to agree to disagree. ;)

But they have, it will have taken them time to log in and post, there is no requirement for them to do that, do you think it is done automatically, how else did the review get there if no one took the time to post it and think of how may stars it deserved regardless of what they wrote.

I don't actually disagree with you that one word reviews aren't particularly helpful (but the star rating they have given is helpful). I just think that is it rude to vote someone as this when they didn't get paid for writing it, you are welcome to ignore it, and all they were trying to do was help others. Not everyone is blessed with a wide vocabulary or knows how to articulate themselves well, that does not mean they do not have the right to review if they wish.

I agree, we will have to agree to disagree.
  • pineapple
    Have no idea what was said.
    Don't ya just love the 'ignore list'. :beer:
    Bowing out of this thread now, Life is too short... :D
  • iammumtoone
    edited 12 October 2016 at 8:21PM
    Have no idea what was said.
    Don't ya just love the 'ignore list'. :beer:
    Bowing out of this thread now, Life is too short... :D

oh dear my first known venture into the ignore list :rotfl:

Sorry if I offended you personally, I hope not.

If everyone put others on ignore just because they didn't agree with what they were saying then half the people on this forum would not have much to read.
  • hybernia wrote: »
    Sigh . . . What aspect of my post did you find difficult to understand? Plain English could not have been more plain. Ah well. Just to help you:

I do not want him, you, or anyone else to say anything at all when he, you, or anyone else has nothing of any meaning to say. Not "good". Not "fine". Not "arrived OK". If ever the day comes -- God forbid -- when I want to read a tweet from a twitterer, I won't log into Amazon.

Verily, you have the wrong end of the knife sharpener again. Why, prithee, would anyone with a functioning brain wish to waste it on "working out" what the less functional have to say? A "review" isn't there to be "worked out" but to be read, as in:

"Good knife sharpener, we've had ours for six months and it works as well now as it did out of the box." Or:

"Bad buy, this so-called sharpener. Hardly sharpened anything before falling to pieces. We returned it to Amazon but the replacement's just as bad, too."

Ooh. Reviews. Who'd've thought it?

As an assertion of superior intellectual authority, :rotfl:that paragraph may be lacking.

Have you not yet grasped that people do not need anything spelled out to them? Your issue of "need" relates solely to those of egos so fragile that they need to see their little dribbling verdicts online, the pointlessness of such contributions mattering not so long as they've demonstrated their facility to type some keyboard characters in so astonishingly correct an order as to actually result in a word. Or, possibly, even two.

What they "need" to understand is. . . they need not bother.

As I was unaware of the Amazon pencils price until your revelation, getting out more would seem to be the kind of prescription that you should be writing for yourself. With that 2p pencil, but of course. :)

Pure dribbling nonsense.

There you go, I only needed 3 words to say all I needed to say.
  • aqua111
    aqua111 Posts: 525 Forumite
    I have reviewed items, Some good Some bad.
    Amazon have never removed my Bad Reviews.
    I was only asked to review items I had bought or sent back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure