We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• Babafette
    Babafette Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog alfie. It's heartbreaking, but it sounds as though she had a good life with lots of love. My thoughts are with you too rozeepozee.

I'm glad to hear your roof is finally in place Davesnave, temporary or otherwise. It sounds like you did it in the nick of time as it really bucketed down here this morning. :p

I've been very busy this week as we have started to renovate the two flats we recently purchased. One of them has to be completely gutted so I've been ripping up carpets, stripping wallpaper, hacking tiles off the wall, cleaning and painting and I am completely knackered. I'm also feeling rather overwhelmed as I'm now very behind with my work and my housework. :(
    Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.... :/
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Babafette wrote: »
    I've been very busy this week as we have started to renovate the two flats we recently purchased. One of them has to be completely gutted so I've been ripping up carpets, stripping wallpaper, hacking tiles off the wall, cleaning and painting and I am completely knackered. I'm also feeling rather overwhelmed as I'm now very behind with my work and my housework. :(

I love that kind of work! Anything that needs destroyed, ripped off or pulled up is my kind of thing! What I have no patience for is sanding, painting or washing down walls.

Ove the next few months you may not hear much from me however I will be reading ;)
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Babafette
    Rummer wrote: »
    I love that kind of work! Anything that needs destroyed, ripped off or pulled up is my kind of thing! What I have no patience for is sanding, painting or washing down walls.
    I like ripping up carpets and pulling off tiles but I find stripping wallpaper very tedious and whilst I can handle painting, I can't stand cleaning the brushes afterwards. :doh: That job always seems to get left to me...... :mad:

We ripped the old kitchen out yesterday too which means yet another visit to Wickes will shortly be in order. I did find some bargainous tiles today in Homebase though which will be enough to retile the kitchen floor - we managed to get ten boxes of Cuba tiles reduced from £15.99 to £3.00 each. :)
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,712 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Helloooooo, found you, can't get rid of me that easily!
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    lucielle wrote: »
    Helloooooo, found you, can't get rid of me that easily!
    L

They tried to shake me off too:rotfl:
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Nice-ish day forecast, so I will try to dig holes and put extra support poles behind the extended hen house today, to prevent it toppling over in a gale. Hens will be amused, I expect. They like a bit of action in their pen, but not as much as they had on Friday when the digger went in! :eek:

Speaking of the hens reminds me, our Lila cat is a total head-case. DW went into the hen house to pick up eggs and found her fast asleep in one of the nest boxes. She just looked up as if to say, "Well, these bird things come in here and have a rest, so I thought I'd give it a go!":rotfl:

Hens were not amused.

We have strong winds forecast, but they are supposed to come from the south, which is a better side for our fragile roofing material. We are not planning to do more work up there until Tuesday, as tomorrow looks foul. :(

Yes, Baba, we really should have sorted this roof earlier, but others, who were all well-paid, let us down. There's a lack of urgency in these parts, which is charming most of the time....;)
  • Alfie - no they're all Japanese, just the names for the different colour patterns. They've been fine with each other since they all hatched together in May until recently. Now I've just got to see if these two continue to get along with each other or whether I have to split them up.
    "...And if it don't feel good, what are you doing it for?" - Robbie Williams - 'Candy'
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Nice-ish day forecast, so I will try to dig holes and put extra support poles behind the extended hen house today, to prevent it toppling over in a gale. Hens will be amused, I expect. They like a bit of action in their pen, but not as much as they had on Friday when the digger went in! :eek:

Speaking of the hens reminds me, our Lila cat is a total head-case. DW went into the hen house to pick up eggs and found her fast asleep in one of the nest boxes. She just looked up as if to say, "Well, these bird things come in here and have a rest, so I thought I'd give it a go!":rotfl:

Hens were not amused.

We have strong winds forecast, but they are supposed to come from the south, which is a better side for our fragile roofing material. We are not planning to do more work up there until Tuesday, as tomorrow looks foul. :(

Yes, Baba, we really should have sorted this roof earlier, but others, who were all well-paid, let us down. There's a lack of urgency in these parts, which is charming most of the time....;)

Our cats used to sleep in with the chooks a lot. I think its sweet. :)

Fencing done.....the grass is over long and very wet.

Looking forward to the dropping temperatures tbh....we'll be letting horses on to large grazing for first time this year. Something I much prefer.
  • Babafette
    I'm having the morning off - just stuck a load of washing in the machine and am contemplating whether to try and catch up with the seven episodes of The X Factor I have stored up on my Sky+ box. :rotfl:

It's definitely autumnal now, I actually put the heating on last night for the first time in ages. Nice hazy sunshine here at the moment though.

Tomorrow I have a VAT Return to tackle......... 10ppphk.gif
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 October 2014 at 11:39AM
    morning all,
    SORRY.. I should have put a notice at the end of the other thread, but Lovely thoughtfull Davesnave done it..

def colder last night, put the heating on in the caravan, but since we put the new heating pump in, we hadn't bled the system... so ha to try and bleed the system..

Apart from yesterday afternoon, the weather has been really bad.. and there is more on its way!!

about 3.30am, there was a lot of banging an noises outside, so I picked up our mega big/bright search light type tourch and went out to have a look, mr big pig, was banging around in his arc, and there was something walking up the footpath.. first of all I thought it was a badger, but it look too long and skinny for that, so maybe a large stout?? I really do want to try and get some wildlife cameras set up to see whats happening on our land in the nights ( and in the days, )

ment to say, anyone who stores/preps etc B&M Bargains will be selling sugar from the 8th October 2 for £1. so its 50p for 1kg bag..
    Work to live= not live to work
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure