OU Students Past, Present and Future

Comments

• Blimey! 4 years with the OU and 7 years on MSE and I've only just discovered this thread!:o

Can I add my name to the front page pretty-please OP?

Current: A300
    Previous: Y157, AA100, A210, A215, U211
    Future: BA Hons English Language & Literature

Distant Future - MA........well I can dream! :D

Thank you!

PS: Does anyone know of a FB group for A300?
    £2 Savers Club 2016 #21 £14/£250
    £2 Savers Club 2015 #8 £250£200 :j

Proud to be an OU graduate :j :j

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain
  • Hello all! I studied a level 1 course, S104 Exploring Science back in 09/10, then decided to go on to study at a red brick university but unfortunately I've had to withdraw just before my final year due to illness so am considering finishing off with the OU as I loved it before and definitely prefer it to red brick uni (which I didn't really enjoy at all).

Can anyone tell me what the workload is like for level 3 courses? Is it manageable alongside a full-time job? Also I know at level 1 they provided me with all the materials I needed but is it the same at level 3 or do they require you to do your own research using journal articles and etc? Or is it all course dependent?
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Have I had a lightbulb moment?
    I am unemployed due to mental health issues (Borderline Personality), have been so for nearly 2 years. Not claiming JSA as OH's income is 'sufficient', we have a 15 year old still at school, and a 17 year old in his first year of what will hopefully be a 2 year BTEC course.
    I studied 30 points T102 in 1999, but had to drop out of S203 (Biology Form and Function0 in 2000 when my Father died.

Can I get any help with OU course costs? Does this come under normal Student Grant/Loan stuff these days?
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Raksha wrote: »
    Have I had a lightbulb moment?
    I am unemployed due to mental health issues (Borderline Personality), have been so for nearly 2 years. Not claiming JSA as OH's income is 'sufficient', we have a 15 year old still at school, and a 17 year old in his first year of what will hopefully be a 2 year BTEC course.
    I studied 30 points T102 in 1999, but had to drop out of S203 (Biology Form and Function0 in 2000 when my Father died.

Can I get any help with OU course costs? Does this come under normal Student Grant/Loan stuff these days?

if you go onto the home page there is a financial calculator, to see if your eligable for fees, just pop in hubbys income, no of kids etc, and it will give u an idea of whether your get a full or partial grant. Hope it works out xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Got my results today :D Have passed DU311 :D
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• celyn90
    celyn90 Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    :j:j:j I got a distinction for SEH806 :j:j. I'm totally stunned - I thought my EMA was awful; it went in as a hastily written first draft - we had notification of impending redundancies the week before at work so my head wasn't really in the right place for it and I honestly thought I'd fluffed it, but it came out as 91% :j:j.

I haven't seen the essay comments yet as only the grades are up.

:j:j. *happy dance
    :staradmin:starmod: beware of geeks bearing .gifs...:starmod::staradmin
    :starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:
  • stiltwalker
    stiltwalker Posts: 1,319 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well done celyn - got my results today too - grade 2 pass in U212, Childhood. Pleased as it's been one heck of a year but bit of a shame as my TMA grades were pass 1 overall - knew what was coming though as I didn't like a single question on the paper! Doing EK310 next and it doesn't have an exam - yay!!!!
  • Fizzbitz
    Fizzbitz Posts: 116 Forumite
    Congratulations to Juno, Celyn90 and Stiltwalker :j

I have just passed DB123 - my first level one module :jand really can't believe that I have done it!

Am now on U116.

Fizz
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Massive congratulations to everyone with their brilliant results xxx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Fizzbitz wrote: »
    Congratulations to Juno, Celyn90 and Stiltwalker :j

I have just passed DB123 - my first level one module :jand really can't believe that I have done it!

Am now on U116.

Fizz

Congrats, gd luck with U116, are you going to do the level 2 version of DB123, I did it its a really good course, you concentrate more on the business side of the financies, and no exams! xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport