MoneySavingPoll: Is it OK to use a 2for1 voucher on a first date?

Poll started 9 February 2015

Is it OK to use a 2for1 voucher on a first date?

Valentine’s Day will be here this Saturday, but has using vouchers finally broken through the last taboo? Is it acceptable to use 2for1 restaurant vouchers on a first date? We ask this each year – let’s see if it’s changed…

What do you think?

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    Yes but just make sure that everything on the menu is included in the deal otherwise that would be embarrasing.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Using a 2-for-1 deal for a Valentine's meal is acceptable (f you can find anywhere that will let you use a voucher on that date or even on a Friday/Saturday).

Asking your loved one to come out for a Valentine's meal in three weeks' time on a Tuesday because you have a 2-for-1 voucher that is only valid on that day ... not so acceptable :rotfl:
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Asking your loved one to come out for a Valentine's meal in three weeks' time on a Tuesday because you have a 2-for-1 voucher that is only valid on that day ... not so acceptable :rotfl:
    Mrs B and I would SO do that...
  • G6JPG
    G6JPG Posts: 147
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I was mildly amused that the stereotype lives on: next year, reverse the question, so that it's Lucy who's paying ...:)
  • Dilly
    Dilly Posts: 122
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Actually I think the use of a voucher on any first date is crass. As a woman, I want to feel valued and cherised and not being taken out as cheaply as possible on a first date. The place doesn't have to be the most expensive.
    Later is fine to use vouchers. You wouldn't get a second date out of me
  • But Dilly what difference does it make if you still get the same food etc? He has still had to pluck up the courage to ask you out, he's still paying, like other posters have said above, so long as you are not being limited to a special "Super value cheap no extras" menu then why does him spending more of his money on you make the evening any more or less special?
    12K in 2017 No.029: £7154.37/ 18,000 (40%)
    £80,000 by Jan 2017: £81419.91/ £80,000 Achieved 01/10/2016!
    £100,000 by Jan 2018: £92360.46/£100,000 (92%)
  • Nick's great with cash which is a good thing - he may be a keeper - he may also be an utter dingbat, without knowing more about him you can't say "He's a keeper" (well I suppose if he was Joe Hart you could)
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • adamg
    adamg Posts: 485 Forumite
    Nicks a mug, I would have offered to pay half each, then when she put her money on the table I would have then pulled out the 241 voucher!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure