PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Monday 22 August

Comments

• tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Morning all off to Brighton in a bit to collect my mum from aunties so hoping the bridge is clear. Will stop at lakeside on the way home as some clothes i ordered have been delivered to store . WM is whirring away and dog has been walked so all should be good for my return .
    Hope you all have a good day x
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi everyone,

I'm still up in Yorkshire, by myself, our weekend visitors left yesterday afternoon and DH went home by train last night. He'll be coming back on Thursday and we'll have the long weekend up here. DD is in Manchester today and will come up to spend the night with me so that will be lovely. I might treat us to a meal out.

Otherwise I am not planning to go anywhere today, the rain is falling in earnest and doesn't look like letting up anytime soon. I brought some sewing projects up with me so I'll get some concentrated time on those.

Candy, so sorry to hear about the pup. I hope DS gets what he need NMLC. Dumpling, I'm so glad the wedding went well, your DDs must be so proud of you. Flutterby, congratulations on the birth of the baby!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Candygirl I am so sorry to hear about Candy; I hope you and Buddy can take comfort from each other. I know how awful it is to have that dog-shaped hole in your life. x
    tru wrote: »
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]LameWolf That's a shame. I thought the same as elona – maybe customers will contact you directly? x[/FONT]
    I thought of going freelance; but I'm afraid it's not for me.:(
    I got so stressed just doing the research into what I'd need to do (council permit, insurance etc - not to mention advertising myself and having to *gulp* ask people for payment) that I made myself ill.:eek:

I believe there may be another company doing a similar service; I shall look into that, once the dust has settled, and if that doesn't pan out, we'll look at fostering a dog.

The whole thing has been stressful and drawn out - we thought the franchise had been sold, then the buyer pulled out at the 11th hour; then there was someone else interested, but that didn't come to fruition. :( So the upshot is that all the hosts have been made redundant - luckily I was never doing it "for the money" (don't get paid much in any case) it was always because I just adore dogs. In the seven years I've been with the service, I've had sixty different dogs to look after!!
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,017 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Lamewolf - sorry to hear all that, I know how much enjoyment you got out of doing the dog sitting and I know how much enjoyment WE all got out of reading about it too.

The rain stopped and the sun sort of came out. I took yet more cardboard to the tip, called at the country store for bird feed and then filled the tank with diesel. Not a NSD but it will be tomorrow.

The postie brought more news of two saving accounts interest being dropped. These ones aren't so important as they are only used as DDs for the other current accounts which need them, but it's the slippery slope along with Santander 123 halving their interest rate.

I read on the site about using a mop with a bin bag over it to plunge the loo, and using hot water and detergent. Done all that, when I went outside there was a large foam ball next to the drain, something's moved then but not quite sure if the loo is unblocked. Not even sure it was blocked as I think it's something to do with the vent. (did you think I know what I'm talking about? :p) - been reading up on the interweb! Plumber is away so I'll just keep flushing the loo whilst the shower is running and let it gurgle away.

I've got parsnip soup on my mind so will away to make a start on it.
  • Afternoon ((((((((((hugs )))))))))) if you need one.

I am hissed off, yesterday when I put my laptop on it installed a programme I had not asked for and I have lost all my sites. The money plus site is no longer there so I am not happy, I use it to forecast our spending during the months, it also allows me to forward plan.

Heard from OH it is possible he may be moved this afternoon. They really like keeping you on a piece of string. I need to know before 4 30 so I can message step son where to go to see his dad.

Had a call from SIL they are going to call in on the way back from Cambridge in a couple of weeks........heaven help us, she is a right dizzy at the best of times.

I have done the Monday clean, laundry done dried outside and folded up. I moved the bed and dyson end over the carpet I could reach, cleaned the skirting and the brass headboard.

Expecting two chaps from the council to decide what to do with the bathroom this afternoon, just need to hear from the gas people now, it would be good to get all the mess out of the way at the same time.
  • We had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago, it totally wiped all our records and has taken He Who Knows this long to get up reinstalled and up and running again not good, I hope you can get things fixed and sorted very soon.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    LAMEWOLF, I think you'd be a brilliant dog fosterer.Go for it hun :j
    Thanks for the peeps who sent kind words re Candy.I just had to ring to cancel her insurance, and the girl on the phone didn't offer a single word of sympathy.I know they're used to it but :mad:
    Am in a very low n lazy mood today, but will reluctantly fill a couple of bags for the chazzer tomoz.If you think Kon Marie, then i'm the polar opposite .I read her book n shuddered :rotfl::rotfl:
    Anyway ((( huggles))) to all the poorlies n peed offs, esp LAINEY'S Mum, n our lovely HILSTEP xxxx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi chums, the sun has reappeared on our beautiful IoW.DD and the boys went fishing ,caught a few but most had to be returned to the sea as too small.Still she managed to bring a mackerel in and after they landed back at Yarmouth this afternoon we took them to the Bike Hire place and the boys all had a bike to cycle along the Yarmouth-Freshwater track. We had the little dog with us so Dd and son-in-law and I walked along the trail hoping to see a red squirrel or two,but no luck. Then we drove to Fort Victoria counrty park and Tess and the boys used the mackerel for bait and sat by the sea 'crabbing' beautiful view of the sea and we just sat in the sun and watched the boats on the water.Just got back and son-in-law is cooking dinner.We are all a bit windswept and brown but had a lovely afternoon basically doing not very much but breathing in the gorgeous fresh air of the sea.I think we will all sleep like tops tonight. We have booked a meal for our last night of the holiday at The Buddle inn at Niton.They are so dog-friendly they even do a small menu for your dog if you want it :)Sad though it is that DD lost her old dog ,the little dog Lexi has been everywhere with us this year, and has been spoilt dreadfully on holiday :) by us all. She is a miniture Jack Russell and quite cute.

Hope everyone has had a good day.Just going to take Mikey to the field up the road as there are two horse there that he likes to feed an apple to in the evening before dinner

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
  • Well some good news for a change. Not for OH though they said they were sending him to Market Harborough, oh no you are not we live 50 miles away from there and the route is along twisty counrty roads. I phoned and was told that the bed at Melton was cancelled, but they could not tell me why....it has now been re-instated, but OH is still blocking a bed, tough....

I sold the little sewing machine I had on E bay and the shower will be installed next week as a priority. We should also have the gas in too ready for the central heating to be put in. So swings and roundabouts.

My computer chappie has been and sorted my computer out, it installed something I did not ask for and lost all my files......I was not happy.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi all,

Just popping in to to add my sorrow to hear LameWolf's news - hope something works out for you. You'd make a fab foster mum or what about a puppy pal for guide dogs etc

Sorry, flying visit - RL in the way - genuine hugs to those who need them x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills