VEHICLE ENQUIRY free from DVLA

Options

Comments

• J400uk
    J400uk Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    That was the RAC, but they took it of the website for some reason.
  • keith234
    keith234 Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    great find
    It's nice to be important but it's important to be nice!

If u think my post has been helpful, push my 'thanks' button cheers :)
  • rmg1
    rmg1 Posts: 3,131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My first car (a 1987 Peugot 205) appears to be still on the go. It had nearly 150000 miles on it when I got rid of it nearly 10 years ago!!

Here's the details :-
    Date of Liability 15 10 2004
    Date of First Registration 26 08 1987
    Year of Manufacture 1987
    Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1360CC
    CO2 Emissions Not Available
    Fuel Type Petrol
    Export Marker Not Applicable
    Vehicle Status Unlicensed
    Vehicle Colour BEIGE
    Vehicle Type Approval null
    :wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.
  • us,thecat&thedebt
    Options
    hehe first thing i checked also and all our old cars are stil on the road
    :beer: :j OFFICIAL DFW NERD NO 159 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH OUR DEBTS:beer: :j

If you do a job well, people won't be sure you've done anything at all :rolleyes:

Must claim back bank charges!!!:rolleyes:
  • nats3006
    nats3006 Posts: 1,627 Forumite
    Options
    like this one haha!!
    "Have you ever noticed that if you rearranged the letters in mother in law, they come out to Woman Hitler?":p :p:p

If money doesn't grow on trees then why do banks have branches?:D

Can you breathe out of your nose and mouth at the same time?:cool:

Why don't the hairs on your arms get split ends?:mad:
  • gigagirl
    Options
    MANISH wrote: »
    I searched for my old car....

Didn't inderstand following part
    Anyone care to explain... Vehicle status-unlicensed means is it OFF road ?

Export Marker Not Applicable
    Vehicle Status Unlicensed
    Vehicle Type Approval null

I used to work in the trade and this kind of thing was my department so (if memory serves me correctly) I should be able to waffle my way through this.
    Export marker not applicable - literally means they have not received notification that the vehicle has been permanently exported.
    Vehicle status Unlicenced - means the vehicle is neither taxed, nor has it been declared SORN (heading for the crusher if the coppers find it usually).
    Vehicle Type Approval - this relates to the origin of the car. If the car were a grey import (manufactured to be used outside of the UK) at the point of entry the vehicle would need to undergo a SVA test which ensures the vehicle has all the necessary requirements to be used on UK roads. Things like speedo changes, seat belt tests to make sure they reach British standards etc. etc.

This DVLA vehicle check has been around for a long time, but it used to be a 20 second phone call on a premium rate line. Very much used by the motor trade to confirm whether a vehicle is correctly registered, and the date of reg which impacts on the value.

What an anorak!!!

I would however recommend anyone buying a second hand car to do the RAC history check for £25. It is a search of the registers at a company called HPI (where I used t work) to find out if a car is stolen, financed, or subject to any insurance write-offs. They also check whether the car has had personalised plates(which can hide a dodgy history) and they also do mileage checks to help to find if the car has been clocked.

I have never bought a car without one. It's money well spent.
  • clueless1
    Options
    need help!
    I have just done a vehicle check on a car i am looking to buy. i didnt have all details to hand like the vin number so I just used the number plate to do the check.
    Report summary came back as : Interest registered against a previous plate. This VRM has been recorded as being written off
    Can any one explain what that means?
  • Spikey_2
    Spikey_2 Posts: 14,119 Forumite
    Options
    clueless1 wrote: »
    need help!
    I have just done a vehicle check on a car i am looking to buy. i didnt have all details to hand like the vin number so I just used the number plate to do the check.
    Report summary came back as : Interest registered against a previous plate. This VRM has been recorded as being written off
    Can any one explain what that means?

That means that the car has been in some sort of accident and the insurance has written off the car with that registration plate and paid the owner.

This car will may have now been probably repaired or the plate has been fraudulently used on another car.

This car may have been repaired and put back on the road.... if you buy it and you have an accident then you will not get the full value of the car (maybe not even what you paid for it)

The current owner has a duty under law to inform you that this car has been in an accident and to what degree was the damage.

My best advice..... the insurance people only write-off cars when they are beyond economical repair and so DON'T TOUCH IT WITH A BARGE POLE... it may cost you more then money.....

Hope that Helps

Spikey
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself. :)
    I walk with the world & the world walks with me!
    I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!! :D
  • heyjustme
    Options
    By gosh Spikey ..I may not have been on here long but yor sure seem to answer a hell of my questions without me even asking them.
  • Spikey_2
    Spikey_2 Posts: 14,119 Forumite
    Options
    heyjustme wrote: »
    By gosh Spikey ..I may not have been on here long but yor sure seem to answer a hell of my questions without me even asking them.

lol.... I aim to please ;)

which questions have I answered for you. :j
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself. :)
    I walk with the world & the world walks with me!
    I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport