PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What have you baked today?

angeltreats
angeltreats Posts: 2,286 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 6 April 2010 at 8:45PM in Old style MoneySaving
While I wait for the timer to go off, I'm just wondering who else is baking today and what yummy goodies they are making :D

It's Australia Day on Tuesday and I have several Aussie workmates so I've made some Anzac biscuits to bring to work.

Also while the oven was heated I thought I might as well make a cake so I've thrown a Victoria sponge in there and I'll sandwich it together with lemon curd, for a change.

Anyone else baked something tasty today?

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just jacket potatoes today - not quite the same I know... Yesterday it was a lemon drizzle cake, which is nearly gone and tomorrow it will be banana cake and twinks hob nobs.

EM xx
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
  • wssla00
    wssla00 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Quiche lorraine and vanilla ice cream (although not technically baked) to use up some cream and then later I will make toad in the hole and a chocolate fudge pudding

Maybe even make some 4 ingredient scones using lemonade or some shortbread using cornflour... yum yum
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • Dazi
    Dazi Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    Twinks, Aunt Sally's Apple cake and coffee & walnut muffins :)
    whoever said laughter was the best medicine has clearly never tasted wine

Stopped smoking 20:30 28/09/11 :D
  • katierose
    katierose Posts: 260 Forumite
    I made scones
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    I've come over all domesticated! Done banana and choc chip muffins and lemon drizzle cake - yummy!!!!

What are twinks? I've heard of them a few times but don't have a clue what they are :o
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • jammy_dodger
    jammy_dodger Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    cheese straws and jammy buns made here today , I'll try and find the link mumof2 for twinks i havent made them today as made some on friday
  • aliadds
    aliadds Posts: 26,242 Forumite
    Just making this tortilla for tea which will be washed down with a glass of red.:)
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1810/picnic-tortilla
    Less is more
  • jammy_dodger
    jammy_dodger Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    her you go mumof2

this is the recipe i use
    8oz sr flour
    8oz sugar
    8oz porridge oats
    8oz margarine
    1tbsp golden syrup
    1tbsp hot water
    1/2 tsp bic soda
    mix flour, oats and sugar, melt marg, syrup and water in a pan stir in bic soda and add to dry mix, mix well, make smallish balls and put on greased tray and flatten slightly with a fork, 180oc for 15 mins, cool on the tray, you just want them golden in oven not brown

8ozs = 225 grams

this is the recipe from TWINKS FAMOUS HOBNOBS sorry not very good at poating links but can just about copy and paste . if you do i search the full thread she did will come up. its used loads in our house
  • yorkie18
    yorkie18 Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    All your baking sounds yummy :)

I'm still starting out in my domestic goddess ways, but today I have prepared a lamb pie for tomorrow's dinner & baked some jam tarts with the left over pastry. Tomorrow I'm going to tackle mince pies (wrong time of year I know!!) :D
    Be Kind, Work Hard, Stay Humble, Smile Often, Keep Honest, Stay Loyal, Travel When Possible, Never Stop Learning, Be Thankful Always and Love
  • Just made some yummy rice pud coz I had some reduced cream to use up, also I have roasted some butternut squash and peppers as they were looking a bit pityful in the fridge (not much life left in them) with which I shall make a soup. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure