Complaint about Thomas Cook - worst customer service I've ever received

Comments

• hollydays wrote: »
    I've never worked in any job where I've felt the need to be rude to someone in the course of my employment. It's not professional.

I would seriously have been quaking in my shoes if I had been as difficult throughout as what the OP experienced. To refuse to give my name is despicable, when the guys in the retail stores all wear name badges and the consultant's name use to be all over the paperwork issued even when amended. (though I'm going back to when the stores had the red signage so quite a while but hey...;))

I hope they do take it further for the next customer if nothing else.

I'm no angel but the moment someone would start asking for my name in a less then impressed way, when active listening - would be the moment I need to realise and start diffusing.

As I spot at least one user posting on this thread under their new AE, I do wonder what reaction the OP would have got should they have become a new poster themselves with no history to rummage through. Nuff said.
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    scd3scd4 wrote: »
    But that's his job not the OP. Is he not the service provider, the one trained, is it not part of his duties.

But customers do not have the right to give abuse to the person working in the call center.
    For the service providor to ultimately terminate the call the OP must have over abusive or rude.
  • I'd play it smart - perform a subject access request to get a copy of the call, then upload it to YouTube with the transcript as the video itself.

The PR team will soon pick it up :)
  • scd3scd4 wrote: »
    But that's his job not the OP. Is he not the service provider, the one trained, is it not part of his duties.
    No it's not, and if you're the kind of idiot that shouts at call centre staff you're an idiot.

I had no time for people like that, I was there to help people not be abused.
  • baza52 wrote: »
    But customers do not have the right to give abuse to the person working in the call center.
    For the service providor to ultimately terminate the call the OP must have over abusive or rude.

Yeah right, no customer sales advisor has ever terminated any call other than for that reason!
  • Personally I've never terminated a call unless absolutely necessary. :)
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The OP says in their post that they ended up going round in circles.
    To me that sounds like they were asking for something the advisor could not or did not have to give them and quite rightly terminated the call.
  • kezzygirl wrote: »
    If you would care to look again, they are speech marks....as in "advisor" in the least sense of the word, one would assume he was a customer service ADVISOR hence why I called him an advisor in a sarcastic tone. You know, like using your fingers to put speech marks around a word when speaking in order to denote a sarcastic tone? Is that enough of an explanation for you? Or would you like to pick a bit more?

#Triggered
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    baza52 wrote: »

I never heard any abuse. Must have?.........you dont think you can have poor call center staff?
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 September 2017 at 1:21PM
    No it's not, and if you're the kind of idiot that shouts at call centre staff you're an idiot.

I had no time for people like that, I was there to help people not be abused.

Who said it was ok to shout or abuse people. The OP never mentions any of that. Lets stick to the facts and drop the drama. They are there to deal with customers that may be challenging that's what I meant. And if they can not do that then they are stupid or an idiot for picking it as something they do for 38 hours a week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure