Money Moral Dilemma: Should I share my restaurant vouchers?

Options
13»

Comments

• angel549
    angel549 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Officially no, it's not stingy, they are your vouchers which you 'earned' for being money savvy. However, it may look a little petty of you to use those and not share the wealth. If your friends know you're struggling with money then they should understand, but otherwise, it could look a bit stingy... almost like when somone needs to work out who had the extra cheese on the burger as they owe 10p more. As adults, it just seems a bit tight, and friends or not,you leave yourself open to a few behind closed door 'can you believe they did that, how pathetic!' type convos.

My personal advice would be not to use the vouchers full stop. I would use vouchers when im paying the whole meal i.e. if out with partner or treating my grandma. But I would never use them in a group, it's just not worth it
  • Ebenezer_Screwj
    Options
    They are your vouchers, therefore your benefit. If you share them you have lost the saving - for no good reason.
  • KingS6
    KingS6 Posts: 400 Forumite
    Options
    Share them out with the group in an effort to encourage moneysaving and as a crowd pleaser. You never know they may reciprocate with an even more lucrative voucher.

A stitch in time saves nine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport