PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Redcurrants Galore!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Last year we were going away for the weekend on a Friday afternoon and I noticed 2 redcurrant bushes and 1 black currant bush absolutely dripping with fruit. Thought to myself I'll need to pick them Sunday afternoon when we return. When we got back there wasn,t a single berry left on any bush! I was flabbergasted. . We too feed the little perishers all year round. That's gratitude for you! This year I netted the redcurrants but didn,t have enough netting to cover the blackcurrant bush and they stripped that before I could go out and buy more netting!

The perishers get a early start about 5 a.m i think to beat us to it ,
  • Skintmama
    Skintmama Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    I have been picking blackcurrants this afternoon, whilst listening to the blackbirds finishing off the last of the red and white currants nearby. I am hoping they will be distracted long enough for me to get a decent harvest! How I would love a fruit cage. The birds have already stripped the cherry tree, which had quite a good crop this year. No doubt they will be tucking into the red parts of the apples soon too :(
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Funny how the birds know when the fruit is at its best :o
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Funny how the birds know when the fruit is at its best :o

Yes, last weekend I watched mr and Mrs blackbird sit on my blueberry bush and have a feast. Luckily there was more than enough onthe bush for the three of us.

Only a handful of red currants for me this year. Have made a small batch of blackcurrant jam. Have a few more left to make a couple of mini fruit pies (singles).
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family