Got flashed on the Bristol motorway :(

2»

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    rebecca91 wrote: »
    That still wouldnt take into account why I got flashed though I feel?
    Thanks for replies so far all :)

Do you happen to know if it was one of the newer digital cameras or the older ones?

There was a camera at a underpass in edinburgh that used to catch so many people, it would run out of film. It would still flash though.

https://www.speedcamerasuk.com/gatso.htm

That page mentions it happening for the older cameras only so perhaps that might explain it?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • rebecca91
    rebecca91 Posts: 40 Forumite
    I must confess i'd have no idea. I do know its one of the ones that has been in the news a lot that does catch so many out!
    http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/you-been-caught-m5-speed-62166
  • From speedcamerasuk

Answer: We have spoken to Surrey Police and they have confirmed that there is a 1 minute delay tolerance when the variable speed limit changes. Of course this is just Surrey Police's procedure for variable speed cameras and may differ from Police force to Police force.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Do you happen to know if it was one of the newer digital cameras or the older ones?

There was a camera at a underpass in edinburgh that used to catch so many people, it would run out of film. It would still flash though.

https://www.speedcamerasuk.com/gatso.htm

That page mentions it happening for the older cameras only so perhaps that might explain it?

It's a newer type - HADECS2 I believe, so completely digital. Be aware that these cameras are always active even if there is no reduced limit.
  • rebecca91
    rebecca91 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Hi All, just an update. Nothing ever happened. Nothing in the post ect. Lucky
  • Muscle750
    Muscle750 Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    You say you got deffo flashed however the street lights can give that impression down on those cameras at night, fingers crossed i think your ok.
  • Muscle750
    Muscle750 Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    True it what is said about them always been active on the M4/M5 interchange wether the varible speed limit is enforce or not i gather
  • owen_money
    owen_money Posts: 764 Forumite
    I got flashed on the M4 near Bristol.................Dirty girl
    One man's folly is another man's wife. Helen Roland (1876 - 1950)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure