Advice .. new iPad

I have my existing iPad since 2012 , think its second generation . It's wifi only , which was fine for me as I had my iPhone . Lately it's really slow and I was thinking of biting the billet and getting a new one . I saw a ipad 4....9.7 screen with 32gb... is this a recent model .not keen on the smaller iPad Air.
Not good with all this technical stuff ( in my fifties ) but I love my iPad .. what do you think.. hoping to spend around £400...

Comments

• AndyMT
    AndyMT Posts: 25 Forumite
    sounds like you want the latest ipad ...

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-9-7
    (£339)
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    not keen on the smaller iPad Air.

The iPad Air is the same 9.7" form factor as it's predecessors, suspect you are confusing it with the iPad Mini.
  • harvey1964
    harvey1964 Posts: 359 Forumite
    It's not that I want the latest model but I bought the one I have in 2012 so I don't want to spend £339 on a model that's several years old . I won't be changing it for many years when I purchase it . Also in the link posted above it says wifi and then wifi and cellular ? What does this mean ? Thanks
  • AndyMT
    ???

the £339 model isn't several years old. i said it was the latest one.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/10/cellular-wifi-ipad-model-buy.html
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    harvey1964 wrote: »
    Also in the link posted above it says wifi and then wifi and cellular ? What does this mean ? Thanks
    Cellular means sim card, so you can add a data sim card in the ipad
    The lastest Ipad is the iPad Pro

https://www.apple.com/uk/ipad/compare/
  • AndyMT
    ipad pro is not within OPs budget

harvey1964 - do yourself a favour. take yourself down to an apple store. talk to the staff. apple is big on customer service. they hire people to talk to customers like yourself who aren't sure what they need. so take advantage of this and go try out the new ipads for yourself. maybe you'll want to spend a bit more on the ipad pro. maybe not. i think you'll get more out of this than talking to people on the internet - especially if you're not familiar with all the terminology.
  • harvey1964
    AndyMT wrote: »
    ???

the £339 model isn't several years old. i said it was the latest one.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/10/cellular-wifi-ipad-model-buy.html

Thank you for the info
  • harvey1964
    AndyMT wrote: »
    ipad pro is not within OPs budget

harvey1964 - do yourself a favour. take yourself down to an apple store. talk to the staff. apple is big on customer service. they hire people to talk to customers like yourself who aren't sure what they need. so take advantage of this and go try out the new ipads for yourself. maybe you'll want to spend a bit more on the ipad pro. maybe not. i think you'll get more out of this than talking to people on the internet - especially if you're not familiar with all the terminology.

Thank you so much hadn't thought of this ....much appreciated in you taking the time to reply
  • AndyMT
    no worries harvey1964.

hope it works out for you !
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    The iPad Pro 9.7" has now been discontinued and replaced with iPad Pro 10.5".

Apple's refurbished section has a Wi-Fi only iPP 9.7" (32GB) for £439-personally OP I think you'd be better off with the iPad they released in March.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure