Get Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Options
shala_moo
shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 30 September 2015 at 8:14PM in Health & beauty MoneySaving
Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Food Optimising is a plan for life, it is not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you have been doing in the past has not got you to where you want to be.

You cannot use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising and Choose Success books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Anything that’s Free Food on Green OR Original – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables – is totally Free on Extra Easy!

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate

OR

B: switch to more Speed Foods

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!
[/COLOR]

Red and Green plans can still be followed, however information/syns for these are no longer available in your main 2015 booklet.

Link to old recipe thread:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3032236

New Recipes

Loaded Potato Skins
Homity Pie
Minestrone Soup
Lentil & Bacon Soup
Pulled Pork
Red Pepper Houmous
Cheesy Chilli Fries
Lamb Tagine
Campfire Stew
Uses for Quark
Austrian Ham and Potato Hash

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver or Durham_mim a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

Comments

• shala_moo
    Options
    Brief Overview of Extra Easy SP - this takes over from the old Success Express for speeding up your weight loss or kick starting your loss if you've hit a plateau.

Please note that this is only a brief overview as we are not allowed to copy things off the website. Please refer to your books or the SW website for a list of free foods.

Extra Easy SP concentrates on Speed foods and Protein-rich foods

1 - Choose your Speed Foods and Protein-rich foods, ensuring at least half of your plate is speed foods where you can

2 - choose healthy extras - you can have 1 Healthy Extra "A" and 2 Healthy Extra "B" choices

3 - Choose your 5-15 syns as normal and enjoy

SW recommend following the Extra Easy SP plan for a week, if you continue with it then either add some normal Extra Easy days into the plan or add an additional Healthy Extra A choice to ensure you are getting enough calcium.

Speed foods are mainly vegetables and fruits (however, those high in natural sugars are excluded)

Protein-rich foods include lean meats, poultry, fish, meat substitutes, eggs, beans and pulses.

Here's a visual representation kindly provided by Tweets :D

splittle_zpsb6588c79.jpg

And some links provided by kim kim - the fopperholic one is most helpful I found.. the lady who runs it is a SW consultant/manager so her's will be accurate information.

https://fopperholic.wordpress.com/tag/slimming-world/

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/348340-extra-easy-sp-plan.html
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• shala_moo
    edited 28 August 2015 at 6:43PM
    Options
    We still have a few days left of the old challenge so please keep posting your results and i'll pick them up, however, I thought a new thread should start with the new challenge details... :D

If you are just joining us you may not be aware of the bi-monthly challenge that we run to motivate ourselves which you are welcome to join. It isn't a competition, just a way of setting ourselves mini targets if your total loss seems a bit overwhelming.

The new challenge will run from week commencing the 31st August and finish on the 31st October - this gives us 9 weeks.

And just for Maman the name of the Challenge is Get Lean for Halloween! :D Great title!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKUcQeXLl_Z9-JsVBbyT1CHcO5n9btdOr2d2q6jVLjmvy7euchOA

If you wish to join in with us then please post your target loss for the 9 weeks in red* or bold or massive or all of the above so that I can see it really easily!

I will post the results chart each week on a Tuesday showing the prior weeks losses and singling out the person who has lost the most so we can make a great big fuss over them :T

Any questions please let me know - it doesn't matter which day you get weighed just let me know your loss on the day you get weighed and i'll add it to the correct week (maybe, if I don't get confused!)

Thanking you... :D

Just an added note, if you do wish to drop out of the challenge at any point, i'd be grateful if you could let me know so I can take your target off :) it helps keep the chart tidy :D we love a tidy chart! If you don't want to say in the thread then feel free to PM me...

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Good Evening :)

Liking the new thread and new name thank you shala :T:T:T
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Please add me.

Going to Spain next Friday on a coach tour. Staying at three different hotels on b&b.

Each day, it will be going into the unknown food wise. On days were we are visiting a place end route between hotels, I will have massive breakfast, even try to smuggle some fruit into my bag as i don't want to waste precious time finding a place to eat and wait for the food. My parents went on a similar holiday several years ago and they did this and kept them going without needing lunch.

I went to Rhodes last year on half board at my hotel. Was on no weight loss programme at the time. Ate three plates of food at breakfast and evening meal, drank a litre of beer and a cocktail. Plus at lunch, had lamb stifado or other local dishes a day. I stayed the same weight to.the 0.2lb as that is how my scales are. I walked 6-8 miles a day in mid to high 30s. Similar temperature where I will be.

I won't be eating as much. Walking probably less.

It's difficult to follow SW abroad due to no such thing as fat free in other countries, language barrier etc.
  • 056dillonl1381
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread shala

Just on the train home from Edinburgh had a amazing time and stayed on track ..... Well nearly the only bad thing I have had is a Nutella crepe... Oops how many syns would you put down for that? It's been difficult staying on track while away however weatherspoons chicken and pepper skewers have saved me :-)
    Slimming world Journey 2 stone 9.5lb loss:T
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yay shiny new thread :) Do you need me to post my challenge target again shala?

Tonight hasn't actually ended too badly. I resisted all snacks at work and I've had a few giant m&ms after tea but I had wiggle room for them :)

Tomorrow:
    breakfast: bacon (extra lean medallions) with egg and beans
    lunch: sandwich, boiled egg, satsuma
    tea: chicken and apple balls (Annabel karmel toddler friendly recipe - how do I work out the syns for grated apple baked in with chicken?! 1 apple goes in to 20 balls (about 4/5 portions)
    HeA: milk
    HeB: bread for sandwich
    snacks: fruit
    drinks: water, NAS squash, tea
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • shala_moo
    edited 28 August 2015 at 10:11PM
    Options
    Please add me.

I need a target to add you... :)
    Yay shiny new thread :) Do you need me to post my challenge target again shala?

Already picked it up Lush so it's fine :D

Dillon - average crepe/pancake filled with chocolate is 6-7 syns according to the app..

Here's a list of everyone I've picked up so far.. sorry about the formatting, I copied it straight from excel.

If I've picked up your targets wrong or missed you off please let me know.

056dillonl1381 -9.00
    1stbusiness -12.00
    dubbya -6.00
    gbatey -9.00
    greenbeanie1 -14.00
    greentiger -9.00
    lantanna -9.00
    Lois Lane -14.00
    lushlifesaver -7.00
    Psychopathbabble -18.00
    maisie m -9.00
    matron midge -7.00
    shala_moo -4.00
    spuddysue -10.00
    suewre -14.00
    Tete en l'air -14.00

• TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you for the shiny new thread Shala, you are such a star :A

So have WI today and am .4lb less than I was when we broke up end of July :T. No idea how as haven't been that good overall. Maybe my weight is where my body wants it to be or when I have been good it's evened the naughties out :D

Just like to welcome in the newbies/returnees :wave: and hope the poorlies are on the mend and feeling a bit better :A

Well done to all the losers and big hugs to those in need
    Keep the Faith all :A

So back to work next week (:() wish me luck ;)
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    Hi all hope you are having a lovely weekend :) I weighed in this morning, I usually weigh in the evenings but I lost 3lb!

Hopefully this gives me a boost to stay on plan while we are at the in-laws this week... It's so difficult when we are there as I have no control over the menus and there are always biscuits and cake with coffee. I will be devastated if I put on though so must really try my hardest!
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • blue_eyed_girl
    Options
    Thanks for our lovely new home Shala - you are a star :A

Can you put me down for 9lbs on our new Challenge please. :D

Off to see new nephew this afternoon :D

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS :dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories