Things You Never Thought You Could Sell

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Davie-G wrote: »
    Where abouts on ebay does it say how many free auction listings you have left? Thanks in advance.

At the top go to selling , scroll down and usually there, everyone gets 20 a month and f you have an invite for 100 you have to accept that, hth
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 7 October 2015 at 3:06PM
    I found a Velux window in a skip. Seriously I did!! The box was broken and ripped but the window was fine and there was a small box with all the fittings in it. It had rained the night before so was a bit wet too. Persuaded my husband to carry it home as I had the idea of installing it in our loft for extra light up there. I say persuaded and he did not think it was a good idea fitting it in the loft and he said it was all wet and probably no good anyway. I won the will we won't we battle eventually and he carried it home. It eventually dried out nicely and looked as good as new. Six months later we decided we would not install it in the loft after all. So I said I would put it on eBay and see what happens. My husband said "you won't sell that it doesn't even have the box/fitting instructions etc."

Well it did sell and we got £120 for it and excellent feedback for it. And to think that it was going to end up in a landfill site somewhere and probably broken by the time it got transported there so no one at the other end could of salvaged it anyway.

My husband was absolutely gobsmacked because I had only ever sold 1 clothing item on eBay before. Needless to say I was thrilled with my efforts.

Been catching up on this thread and have to say what a great thread it is.

Edwink x
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • Nimmi
    Nimmi Posts: 20 Forumite
    I sold empty bottle of Gucci Rush for £5.50 on ebay last week.
  • Well, I've spent the last week reading this thread with great interest!

I have about 6000 pounds worth of debt and it needs clearing, i also happen to have s a lot of old smelly shoes that I've been eyeing with interest :rotfl:

I have never sold anything on eBay in my life and I'm kicking myself for all the things I have thrown out which i could of gotten a couple of quid for!

I've read the tips about listing on a Thursday for ten days to ge the maximum exposure,but as I'm busy all day Thursday, I've planned on scheduling to list them on a Thursday but how can i do this without getting extra fees charged?

Also i have some make up that i am wanting to sell, eyeliner and lip glosses and the like, they would fit through the letterbox but what would the post office class them as? small parcel or large letter?

Thank you for reading and I hope you can help me :beer:

Thanks again

Bunny
  • mar27
    mar27 Posts: 7 Forumite
    bunny2548 wrote: »
    Well, I've spent the last week reading this thread with great interest!

I have about 6000 pounds worth of debt and it needs clearing, i also happen to have s a lot of old smelly shoes that I've been eyeing with interest :rotfl:

I have never sold anything on eBay in my life and I'm kicking myself for all the things I have thrown out which i could of gotten a couple of quid for!

I've read the tips about listing on a Thursday for ten days to ge the maximum exposure,but as I'm busy all day Thursday, I've planned on scheduling to list them on a Thursday but how can i do this without getting extra fees charged?

Also i have some make up that i am wanting to sell, eyeliner and lip glosses and the like, they would fit through the letterbox but what would the post office class them as? small parcel or large letter?

Thank you for reading and I hope you can help me :beer:

Thanks again

Bunny

You can schedule 20 listings a month free of charge which may be enough to get you started. Also if you create a listing but save it as a draft, you can then just complete the draft and list the item on the Thursday in just a few clicks.

If your make up can be packaged so it is smaller than 2.5cm tall (and smaller than 35cm long and 25cm wide) it will go as a large letter.

I've been steadily clearing my clutter through ebay for a good few years now and it gets really addictive!

Good look with clearing your debt.
  • Good luck bunny258 I've been selling on ebay for years and you'd be surprised what folk will buy, if you are pondering on selling something on ebay search for it on ebay to check out listings of the same item to get ideas (just today I sold a bathroom grab rail and a used sole plate with roller brush from a Dyson) as for postage a lot of sellers put stuff on a a buy now with free postage, setting a realistic price as to how much you want for an item but the postage is bundled into the item

IE: you want £7.50 for it, list it as £9.99 the £2.49 change will cover the postage for a large letter and a small package. For anything larger use a courier like Hermes or Parcl2go
  • jlb31
    jlb31 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Loving these ideas.
    Has anybody sold books on e-bay?
    I have my own library going on here and need some room.
    I would like to try and make some money from them before giving them away but it doesn't look like they sell on e-bay.
    Can anybody recommend another site to sell them on? They are ladies fiction books.
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    jlb31 wrote: »
    Has anybody sold books on e-bay?
    I have my own library going on here and need some room.
    I would like to try and make some money from them before giving them away but it doesn't look like they sell on e-bay.
    Can anybody recommend another site to sell them on? They are ladies fiction books.
    Local Facebook selling groups, I'd suggest.

Postage makes eBay a bit of a non-starter.
    I never find that books sell at a car boot sale.
  • Have a look at the 3rd post on this thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4473043

It gives a list of places to sell stuff, and there is a specific heading for books.
    :)

Savings goal £30,000 1% = £300.
    [/COLOR]
  • Slightly off topic, but has anyone found that after updating to the latest android, your ebay app has stopped notifying you? I used to get notifications of items ending, new messages etc. But now nothing. Latest version of the ebay app etc.

I contacted ebay, but have of course heard nothing. Likewise Google doesn't offer much. I set the ebay app as a priority app, but still, nothing...

Anyone else getting this, or just me?! (Phone is a Nexus 5).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback