Anyone used peacockinsurance.co.uk?

Hi Guys

Was just wondering if anyone has used [EMAIL="hwilday@peacockinsurance.co.uk"]peacockinsurance.co.uk[/EMAIL] and has any feedback, they've come back with a decent quote for landlord insurance however not come across them before.

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,677
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    Is the price decent/the policy decent or both?
    You need to look beyond the price - especially for landlords insurance. Malicious damage/legal cover/trace and access...all of these could be quite important.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Quite a young company, one director, one shareholder. You're not likely to find a great deal of feedback on them.

They are a broker - who is the insurer?
  • [FONT=&quot]It says [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Underwritten by Ageas, had trouble getting quotes as we have a contract with agent who then lets to council, most companies seem to have a requirement that you have to have a contract with the tenant in order to provide cover which is the difficulty.
    [/FONT]
  • Ageas are a pretty large company with (usually) good policies. They previously traded under the name of Fortis and (before that) Bishopsgate.

Just make sure that the broker knows that the tenancy agreement is not between you and the tenant direct and you therefore have no control over who occupied the house. These are often known as DSS-II lets.

(I ran a quote through their website based on the information you provided and got a 'no quote - please refer'. Suggest you check details.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure