Boost Your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion

Comments

• tylerjaffa
    tylerjaffa Posts: 98 Forumite
    Can anyone tell me more about the Tesco Clubcard Plus scheme - I don't quite understand what I'd actually be "applying" for - I've only just got my Clubcard Credit Card - will I have to wait a while before applying does anyone know?
  • tylerjaffa
    That's interesting jennyjelly - how did you set up a direct debit to clear your bill? Can I do that on-line and even if I haven't received my first statement? What happens to things you buy and return? Does that just come off your next bill?
  • jnd
    jnd Posts: 453 Forumite
    tylerjaffa wrote:
    Can anyone tell me more about the Tesco Clubcard Plus scheme - I don't quite understand what I'd actually be "applying" for - I've only just got my Clubcard Credit Card - will I have to wait a while before applying does anyone know?

Its a instant access savings account that comes with a debit card that you can only use in Tesco although you can use it in LINK atms to withdraw cash. You have to preload it with funds before you use it so you are always in credit although you can go to CS with cash and ask for them to deposit it onto the account and the money is there instantly for you to spend. As it's savings you do earn interest on your credit balance albeit at a v.small rate but you get double points. No need to wait before applying. 0845 7104010 or 0141 3088028 (from saynoto0870.com)
  • Choccyholic
    Choccyholic Posts: 224 Forumite
    We have a Clubcard credit card account and a clubcard in my name. Make sure you use both clubcards every month to enure you get a mailing. I don't think they send them if you've not earn't many points.

I'm now going to apply for a clubcard in hubby's name to get another quarterly mailing with extra coupons!
    Nuts just take up space where chocolate ought to be.
  • tylerjaffa
    Thank you jnd.
  • jertzy
    jertzy Posts: 280 Forumite
    We have a Clubcard credit card account and a clubcard in my name. Make sure you use both clubcards every month to enure you get a mailing. I don't think they send them if you've not earn't many points.

I'm now going to apply for a clubcard in hubby's name to get another quarterly mailing with extra coupons!
    If you and/or family have more than one clubcard you can get them merged by ringing up the clubcard number so all your points appear on one statement (this includes the tesco credit card).
    Jertzy x :D
  • monkeyspanner
    monkeyspanner Posts: 2,124 Forumite
    Don't forget to recycle your old mobiles and spent inkjet cartridges(not Epson) in Tesco sponsored envelopes from customer services. 250 points for a mobile (up to 5 mobiles per 12 months per card number, thats 1500 points or £60 in deals) and 50 points for a cartridge. If you don't have any old mobiles buy some from your local car boot sale.
  • Martini
    Martini Posts: 607 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jertzy wrote:
    If you and/or family have more than one clubcard you can get them merged by ringing up the clubcard number so all your points appear on one statement (this includes the tesco credit card).

Don't merge them!
    I have a separate clubcard to my wife and we share a credit card clubcard. Every quarter we receive 3 mailings with coupons. We are also both members of all the clubs to receive more vouchers!
    Keep Smiling
    :) Site member number 24 :)
  • mandcj
    mandcj Posts: 11 Forumite
    waddy80 wrote:
    Really trying to boost my points, (and save some money!), finally got the OH to consider changing from british gas.

Can anyone tell me any good / bad stories on the energy service through powergen / tesco.

By my calculations I should save £140 a year including the points I will earn. (to be spent on deals of course!)

:beer:

Hi Waddy80

comment about Powergen: I have been with them for gas and electric as seperate accounts for several years and decided earlier this year to combine them to a single dual fuel tarrif to get a discount. So far it has taken them almost six months to NOT do this, so I am still paying the higher rates. They have said the discount will be backdated to when I first made the request, but they also said the admin would take three months. I'm just waiting for it to be sorted and get the discount credited before I think about switching to another supplier. And I'm about to get on the phone (again!) to complain and ask for some compensation.

So, in my book, Powergen are not interested in fulfilling the wishes of the customer - rather they ignore the customer because they can charge more.
  • bolton_2
    bolton_2 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Right i have decided to go for it big time and save up as many clubcard points as possible over the next 2 years to get myself the best holiday ever.I know it will be hard and require a bit of work to get every available point from tesco's so i was wondering if anyone has

A .... anytips to start me of

B... explain how it pays to use tesco home delivery to gain more points when you get charged for the delivery?

C.... is it worth getting the new tesco credit card that pays more points and ensuring it gets paid of straight away.

D.... are the credit card points in addittion to the club card points you normally recieve

E has anyone else done this and is it worth the wait

and finally ....any good websites that list points deals etc

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills