sarahevie's single quest to mortgage freedom

Options

Comments

• sarahevie1
    Options
    I now realise why I avoid soft play. £30 spent today at soft play. Entrance alone was £15, then I got the girls a couple of jugs of cordial (we were there four hours,) and two kids meals to share between four of us.

Had a lovely time though with an old friend and kids, but will have to reign it in tomorrow.

Girls had a good swimming lesson.

I went into work at half 6 this morning, but got loads done in 4 hours - feeling more up to date now, although the to do this in teaching often seems never ending.

Househunting with ex tomorrow that should hopefully be cheaper.
    HOME
    Original mortgage free date Nov 2037
    Mortgage free August 2018

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    Teacher pension - DB scheme
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • pennystretcher
    Options
    sarahevie1 wrote: »
    Househunting with ex tomorrow that should hopefully be cheaper.

:eek: ...I assume this is to find him a new place? How about the person he was seeing, why isn't she house-hunting with him? Sorry, just curious in case I missed something... ;)
  • sarahevie1
    Options
    :eek: ...I assume this is to find him a new place? How about the person he was seeing, why isn't she house-hunting with him? Sorry, just curious in case I missed something... ;)

I don't think its serious with her, I don't know, it's none of my business. He certainly wouldn't be house hunting with her, yet... I think it's probably a bit of fun, she's a bit of fluff but they're not moving in together as far as I know.

I don't think he'd care what she thinks, however I know he's bothered about what I think, mostly because the kids will have to stay there.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    I think it's good you still have the relationship where this happens.. it's good for the kids to see you together.. hope he finds something.. no hope of you guys getting back together?

Your days out sound good fun, soft play less so - I need therapy when I've been there! :-)
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • sarahevie1
    Options
    Had a no spend day today as ex paid.

Went bowling with the kids and had a spot of lunch in a cafe. Went to look at a couple of flats and a bungalow. I preferred the bungalow as the area was considerably better, ex thought it was like a glorified shed. Ex liked the new build flats, I thought about high service charges, potential re sale.

Booked my car in for its MOT, I'm having a couple of blinds fitted at the student house, as the plastic tracks have broken, they look about twenty years old. £60.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • sarahevie1
    Options
    Took kids to xscape in Castleford today. Had a mooch around the shops and did one of the rounds of golf. Only cost £6 so was pretty cheap.

Went to a catalogue returns shop on the way, didn't buy anything as it was all garden furniture. There were a lot of dolls prams, bikes and scooters but the girls got scooters for their birthdays and their bikes should last until next summer.

Dropped into M&S food near our house on way back. It was about 7.30 the yellow sticker items were amazing. Had a loaf of french bread, loch muir salmon, pasta, followed by fruit jelly (the pre packaged stuff full of mango, melon, kiwi, grapes etc). Will have to go in more often.

Also picked up a family sized chicken and leek pie which will do tomorrow it came to £1.94. Was the nicest tea we've had in a while as well.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    It's my only wish to live nearer the town if only to pop into the supermarkets for reduced stuff! Not enough of a wish to leave the ruralness though!

Good bargains!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    I live near town, and never see these kind of bargains anywhere, Reduced yes, but only ever so slightly.:(
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • sarahevie1
    Options
    It's my only wish to live nearer the town if only to pop into the supermarkets for reduced stuff! Not enough of a wish to leave the ruralness though!

Good bargains!

I live in a Leeds suburb and find on the run up to christmas you can get good bargains, but agree with frayed knot mostly there's not a lot knocked off 20p etc.

If you like rural there's no way it would be worth moving into town for supermarket bargains.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • sarahevie1
    Options
    Had a cheapish day today.

Went to the Vue complex in Leeds for the kids deals £1.99 each, then had a wander into town. Had to get the bus as my car was having its MOT cost £8.80. On way home stopped at the tarn, had an icecream - enjoyable day for all.

Had an opticians appointment for DD2 and she's now going to see a surgeon about her lazy eye. I'm not keen on surgery for vanity, but can just hear her at 15 shouting at me "you never had my eye fixed." The optician said her vision is now fine but they'll refer us to see what the options are with her being a little girl. (Seemed a bit sexist but understood what she meant.)

My car failed its MOT and its a costly repair. £513 for a new exhaust system and a few other bits that it needs.

It is starting to cost me a fortune as it was only in August I paid £200 for the break pads/discs replacing. I know its getting older as its 6, and its quite high mileage, as I use it for running around. It's got 51000 on the clock but none are motorway miles. It's always been our only car, even when I was ex, but even so. Could do with out the added expense
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing