PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Breville Pie Magic pie maker instructions and recipe help please

Options

Comments

• demented_2
    demented_2 Posts: 455 Forumite
    Options
    wow demented - that was fast! received the instructions just now postie just been - thanks again and i will send you a couple of stamps back to cover your postage costs if you pm me you details.

Hi, wanna save money
    Glad you got them ok. No need to send me stamps, as i said if we can't help each other its a sad world.
    I'm going to make some minced beef pies to day.
    what i have decided to do is make lots of pastry, roll it out and cut into the shapes to fit the Bp maker, freeze it between greased proof paper, so when i make some pies i just have to take out as many tops & bottoms that i need and defrost it. That should save alot of fiddling about.I hope.
    Happy pie making. :D
    demented
    20p savers club
    before joining had nothing
    joined on 19/03
    now have £40.00 saved :j :j :j
    saving to pay off debts Debts now paid off. Yeah.
    Amazon sellers club member 31
  • demented_2
    demented_2 Posts: 455 Forumite
    Options
    Hi demented,

Have just stumbled out of bed to find my instructions in this morning's post. Thank you - I don't think I would have got round to using it without these.

Sparkly

That's ok sparklymessygirl.
    My pleasure and lets hope that the pies will be a pleasure for you too.
    I think that we will just have to keep experimenting.
    Happy pie making lol
    demented
    20p savers club
    before joining had nothing
    joined on 19/03
    now have £40.00 saved :j :j :j
    saving to pay off debts Debts now paid off. Yeah.
    Amazon sellers club member 31
  • crystal62
    Options
    gemmaj wrote:
    I bought a Breville pie magic at a car boot for £1.50 last weekend, complete with instruction manual. PM me and I can find a way to share the instructions with anyone who is interested (maybe email you a scan?)
    Hi there!! I also just recently aquired a pie magic from the freecycle group........also looking for instructions if you could help I would be grateful :)
    you can e-mail the instructions to me if that's ok?
    thankyou.....Jan
  • gargoyle
    gargoyle Posts: 251 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, I have just brought a piemaker and it says on the box it can make muffins and scones etc - but there are no instructions inside on how to do this. Does anybody else use their piemaker for other things? And what tips can you give me to get started? I fancy making a batch of these on Saturday to freeze.
    "Failure is always an option"

Sealed pot challenge #107 - still going strong
  • Addiscomber
    Addiscomber Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, gargoyle,

I suspect that the lack of replies means that, like me, no one has a clue what a pie maker actually is! I have tried Googling but am none the wiser, so do you have a link at all? or could you give us a description?

(I am sorry to have missed your post until now - as one of the older members of the board/forum and Old Style being all I know :D I try to watch for threads that don't get replies to see if I can help at all, but I miss some days and the board is so busy that threads drop down several pages so quickly. I spotted this whilst doing a search on Muffins, oddly enough.)
  • Addiscomber
    Addiscomber Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK. Still being curious - alright, Nosey :rotfl:- I Googled some more and I think you are probably asking about a Breville Pie Magic. if so, this earlier thread may help. Some folk there have offered to copy instructions before, so if you posted there someone may help you.

Edit
    Does help if you put the link in DOH!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=202820
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    There's another thread about Pie Makers here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=698513&highlight=breville

And a link to download the instructions for the Breville Pie Maker:
    http://www.breville.com.au/products_detail.asp?prod=368#
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Options
    I just came back from the high street and TJ Hughes have loads of these on display.I know some of you ladies have been hunting for them so thought I'd let you know :D
  • razra
    razra Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    no fair, there isn't one any where near me :stamps feet : :rotfl:
    June Grocery Challenge 270.80/250July Grocery Challenge 0/300
  • sb44
    sb44 Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just bought a Pie Maker from our local Cash and Carry today for less than £10 which is a bargain as someone is selling the same ones on ebay for £23 ish.

I made some pastry when I got home as I couldn't wait to try it.

I bought a tin of premium steak in gravy for £1.29 which made enough for 6 pies with a bit left over for the dog. I could have made a lot more if I had eeked it out with potatoes and veg but I couldn't be bothered cooking those as I was a bit eager to get started!

:)

Anyway, it took 8 to 10 mins to cook two pies at a time which wasn't too expensive as we pay about 6p per hour on our 2nd part tarriff and it only uses 750w.

So, basically, cheap pies which will be great as a quick meal as I have frozen some.

Just thought I would let everyone know how good it seemed to be.

Was quite impressed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport