Moneysavingesxperrt search false

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    rjj999 wrote: »
    prob linked to a bogus addresss linked to report, (not mine) which is openig credit accounts and buying stiff too.
    Sounds more like a hard search than a soft one then ;)
  • rjj999
    rjj999 Posts: 7 Forumite
    hi i think thtat is what that i mean, just only resister with mse now to be able to ask this qiestion? sorry does that make sense here? have looked at site before but only to read things, very good but nver signed up or oantything. I had a thing in ppsot taht said thanks for joing (not to do with mse) and when i rang them they suggetsed i do credit chek thing with experiem to look for more and then i saw this searcjch thing i dont recognise with MSE whcih worry me and also an address kinked with anoter onlibe clothese firm who i have contacted too!!
    the firm who first contacted me and started all this sint showing in the form though?? they have closed down the thing they have and asre contacting fraud things for me, they say they didnt have and bank detauksls just addresss, just worrying and i not sure what or who else to tell and who to tell at MSE given ther they are mentioned specificallly by name on teh search
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Please ignore my flippant comment, which was just a cheap gag, apologies if it didn't come across that way....
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,091 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    rjj999 - may I suggest you forget about this for a while and get yourself better first. Then you will be able to tell the story better and members of the forum will be able to help more constructively.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • rjj999
    alsa not ever getting beter
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi OP you might find it useful to register with Clearscore, it is free and you can see what has been searched for on that. It is possible depending on your name that two people will have similar details. You would need to ask the credit agencies to remove the wrong search. Please ignore the TROLLS above who are making fun of you.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I am concerned that your illness is preventing you from being able to ask the right questions in a way that can be understood. I think you need to get a friend or relative, or even someone like Citizens Advice, to help you with this. Tying to get help yourself online when it seems to be impossible for you to type your posts in a way that is clear may just lead to further problems.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    hi , just did had experien credit report cos notified of fraid alert and found MSE item that u did a credit card search on me - but u didnt, not on real me.
    How do do i tell u taht i u did it for some pretending?

OP you do need to concentrate on your health and getting better.

Does your original post mean you have entered incorrect details on a website yourself which has resulted in a search and a 'fraud' alert? The bits I've highlighted in red suggest that is what you are trying to explain.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • rjj999
    hi will try be v clearwer here
    (had head injury some while ago so not getting better - or worse threere so not all bad)
    (not worried about other peoples commenst above just looking good avice if possible)
    1. i have not donea anything
    2. was contacted by firm ia had not contacted at all - we hae establsished some attempt at farud use of my details and stopped with at that firm. all good there. Taht firm suggested i run credit search to.
    3 when i ran credit d search saw recent one run by moneysupermarketexpert ((exact that) but not iniated by mne for purpsoe of credit card app? had my righta adddress.
    4. my questiion is how to contact MSE to tellthem someone has contacted them for this but that this person is not me.
    5. (incidentally) there is anothr firm (online cloithing fimrm) mentioned on credit serach report who i have contacted and am waiting fro a reply from.
    6. there is also a domestic(?) right word(?) address lon way from me on credit search form that says link to me that i have not ever heard from. other end of country from me. I have passed this on to the roriginal fiorm that contacted me regarding fraud - and presumably will be of interst to other peopel.
    7. i am surprised i shoudlnt be conatcting police about this?? but doesnt seem to be the thing.
    8. hope this is clearer account for someone who might commentr on my situation for me
    9. naturally dont want to mentions names of other fr,ms involved but its definaltlty MSE on teh creditcard application search bita dn i never made one or application for one on date mentioned.
    thank u anyone inadvance
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 June 2017 at 8:53AM
    hi will try be v clearwer here
    (had head injury some while ago so not getting better - or worse threere so not all bad)
    (not worried about other peoples commenst above just looking good avice if possible)
    1. i have not donea anything
    2. was contacted by firm ia had not contacted at all - we hae establsished some attempt at farud use of my details and stopped with at that firm. all good there. Taht firm suggested i run credit search to.
    3 when i ran credit d search saw recent one run by moneysupermarketexpert ((exact that) but not iniated by mne for purpsoe of credit card app? had my righta adddress.
    4. my questiion is how to contact MSE to tellthem someone has contacted them for this but that this person is not me.
    5. (incidentally) there is anothr firm (online cloithing fimrm) mentioned on credit serach report who i have contacted and am waiting fro a reply from.
    6. there is also a domestic(?) right word(?) address lon way from me on credit search form that says link to me that i have not ever heard from. other end of country from me. I have passed this on to the roriginal fiorm that contacted me regarding fraud - and presumably will be of interst to other peopel.
    7. i am surprised i shoudlnt be conatcting police about this?? but doesnt seem to be the thing.
    8. hope this is clearer account for someone who might commentr on my situation for me
    9. naturally dont want to mentions names of other fr,ms involved but its definaltlty MSE on teh creditcard application search bita dn i never made one or application for one on date mentioned.
    thank u anyone inadvance
    It's not this MSE, it's Money Supermarket, a different company - http://www.moneysupermarket.com
    Ignore, I was wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport