Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    So. Housy things are continuing.
    Both spare rooms are now painted.
    Hope to have hall done next.
    Thinking a pale gray.
    The tester thingy looks good.
    Dulux do an endurance paint for heavy duty areas.
    Thinking that would be good as I lean on the walls a wee bit.
    Have love to shop vouchers which will cover most of the cost which is great.Hurrah for surveys.

I also would like blinds to replace the broken ones in one spare room.
    Got some in Dunelm today which were half price. Not sure how easy they will be to fit so need some advice on that.
    Still no price from joiner on price for replacement window for conservatory so need to try someone else I think.
    So hard to get anything done at a reasonable cost.
    My mum has phoned four painters in the last month & has still no quote :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm glad there's a bit of progress, beanie - I had a similar experience to your mum, phoned 4 plumbers, but at least one of them answered.

Endurance paint sounds good since you have to lean to get around. Ooh, and glad to hear you got some blinds at dunelm - I went to one on the south coast quite a bit when it first opened, there were a lot of mystery shops there that I snaffled up :) and I liked the quality, I must say.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,634 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    If you are buying endurance paint b&q are doing two tins for £30 - we have bought loads! I have learned from pass experience that my DS touches walls way too much :D
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Glad you're plodding on beanie..sorry things have been so difficult and sad recently.

X
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Great idea to stock up on paint when it's on offer.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    So by the end of May I hope to :~~

Have at least one set of new blinds up.
    Have the hall painted.
    Have made progress with window
    HAve had my hair cut :eek:
    Have lost half a stone. I WILL do this.

Have a great week my lovely friends.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Beanie if you want a half stone off buddy I will do it! End of May is achievable. I am cutting down on carbs this week in an attempt to kick start.

I remember the weight loss thread that I managed on DFW, wonder if it would be worth resurrecting?
    "These things take time but I know that I'm the most inept that ever stepped"
    Save £12K in 2016 #150 £12858.59/£14200.00
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Plans are sounding good Beanie. Pale grey is lovely - not 1 I would have thought I'd like but dd has it and a slightly deeper grey floor and it looks stunning.
    January spends - £587.58
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,719 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Those goals sound achievable Beanie, you can do it!
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Beanie if you want a half stone off buddy I will do it! End of May is achievable.
    Thirded :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback