Free Electricity Monitor - Which Electric Provider ?

Comments

• Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ...Are the plug in ones available anywhere cheap still?
    Still available in many Lidl stores around here for £6.99

I think everyone who wanted one must have bought theirs from Aldi who beat Lidl to the offer. Aldi sold out very rapidly but Lidl can't seem to shift their stock of them.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • We have a remote meter (its away in a cupboard), then the main cable comes into our flat. Would those meters still work if the sensor was fitted on the cable not nearby the meter itself?

I borrowed one from my friend and placed the transmitter in the meter cupboard and put the unit in my flat and it didnt receive the signal :-(
  • Wickedkitten
    Wickedkitten Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I borrowed one from my friend and placed the transmitter in the meter cupboard and put the unit in my flat and it didnt receive the signal :-(

You probably need to pair it
    It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.
  • digimate
    digimate Posts: 49 Forumite
    Hiya

Re your post, i ordered one from the british gas website for my mum (shes with scottish hydro), you dont need to be supplied by them. sorry dont have the link for it but im pretty sure i found in in the MSE forums page of: Freebies, no spend required.

My mum received hers within a week.:T

Hope this helps!!

Dee
  • It's really interesting to check out the kW for each of your household appliances. You may get some surprises.
  • timmmers
    timmmers Posts: 3,743 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Search the freebies boaord...I applied for a kit last week and just got it...from BG when i'm not their customer

Don't search it's here :-
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1809675

The pack arrived today and just the standby part is worth having as it's a 5 socket extension too. The monitor is wireless and even comes with batteries which is nice :)

good luck

t
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • E.on are giving away a FREE ENERGY MONITOR
  • SALOPMAN
    SALOPMAN Posts: 521 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    We got the EON Free Monitor - its quite eye opening what you use
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. :beer:
  • Marcusp
    Marcusp Posts: 125 Forumite
    Read the meter yourself people

Not everyone has their electricity meter sitting in their living room. Your meter could be outside, not easily accessable, locked in a cupboard where you have to ask someone for a key, people at a bus stop watching you read your meter, you cannot see it all the time, etc.

Whereas with the monitor you connect the transmitter to a mains cable next to your meter or even your consumer unit and have the monitor in an easily accessable place such as next to your computer. Or even in the lounge.

Then you can see at a glance how much electricity you are using and don't have to go downstairs to check if any lights have been left on when your wife goes to her bed.

I have a spare bedroom where my computer is, it used to be called the computer room, now it is THE COMMAND CENTER.

It is also more convenient to read compared to the electricity meter outside when it is raining. Who wants to go outside every 5 minutes to read their meter?

Also when I am in my bed during the night my electricity consumtion is 200 watts per hour. I even have a graph on my computer showing me that.

I also know what it is so do not need posters posting on here with suggestions on how it is too high and how to get it down.
  • laticsforlife
    laticsforlife Posts: 1,313 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    URSPINTU wrote: »
    E.on are giving away a FREE ENERGY MONITOR

Where do you get that info from? - I am still waiting for mine after switching to them in May (and they said the offer had stopped as they've run out).:mad:
    I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove a thing! ;)
    Quidco and Topcashback, £4,569
    Shopandscan, £2,840
    Tesco Double The Difference, £2,700
    Thomson EU261/04 Claim, £1,700
    British Airways EU261/04 Claim, EUR1200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts