When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Comments

• Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,306
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Don't frown at the level you are paying off. Most of your readers are simply amazed that you are making ends meet, let alone paying down your debt! Well done for keeping it going!
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 16.02% spent or £480.73/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Don't frown at the level you are paying off. Most of your readers are simply amazed that you are making ends meet, let alone paying down your debt! Well done for keeping it going!

Agree with that 100% go Hidden :T
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Thank you :)

£37.20 requested from PA I wanted to let it build up but I need it to try and minimise the damage of no wage this week.
    !

Hidden, I've decided that I'm going to cash out PA every time it gets to £20. After the debacle with Opinion Outpost (still haven't had a proper response from them btw, they just said they are "looking into it" :mad: ) I'm not going to keep a high balance in survey sites just in case they go out of business or decide that I'm violating their T&C and disappear with my reward money :mad:

I cashed out £25 from PA earlier this week and I'm already back up to £8.36 with another £3 pending, thank you so much for introducing me to that site! :)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Hidden, I've decided that I'm going to cash out PA every time it gets to £20. After the debacle with Opinion Outpost (still haven't had a proper response from them btw, they just said they are "looking into it" :mad: ) I'm not going to keep a high balance in survey sites just in case they go out of business or decide that I'm violating their T&C and disappear with my reward money :mad:

I cashed out £25 from PA earlier this week and I'm already back up to £8.36 with another £3 pending, thank you so much for introducing me to that site! :)

Oh good thinking! Maybe it is better to just cash out as soon as I reach the fee free £20. Oo are shocking! I've been emailing them for weeks now because I can't do any surveys yet they send 10 emails a day inviting me! I hope you get it sorted.

PA is the best, especially with the Visual ping on so it does alert me to new studies.
    Glad you've found it useful too x
  • Hiddenidenity
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Agree with that 100% go Hidden :T

Thank you. Guess I should be happy I've at least paid the rent :o
  • Hiddenidenity
    As I thought no money from OH today.

I've covered the rent and tiny payments above from tax credits/child benefit and survey sites.

I'm not doing a grocery shop this week. We have enough in to last anyway so we won't go without.

I have the money for DS school dinners (£6.25) and I think there will be requests of some party food for end of term parties, although I might just offer to send in cakes instead ;) then I don't need to buy anything :o

Theres just under £20 left in the account (so I owe youngest emergency hospital fund £30) If we need milk/gas/electric this week I will probably owe it more :o
  • Hiddenidenity
    New worktops are in :D Looks lovely :p Need to paint some bits on the walls now. I want to buy new cupboard doors too :o but I guess that will remain a want :o

Chicken curry in the slowcooker, with some chuck whatever looks sad into it too ;) Lasagne in the other slow cooker with some mince that I forgot I needed to use :o That will do tomorrows dinner. Have some sausage I'd defrosted for OH he didn't end up needing so will turn them into casserole and freeze as 'readymeals' Have a million eggs (okay not quite but it feels like it ;)) to use up too. Soup with the very sorry loking ends of veg and last bits of chicken and I think we are good to go for another few days with all happy looking stuff in the fridge ;)
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    You are doing great lass :D
    You n the wee yins have a great weekend :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Thank you :D

I'm sure we will, lazy one this weekend ready for the last week of term and the start of the Summer holidays, really can't wait! :D

Kids all tucked up and happy :) No better feeling in the world than knowing they've gone to sleep smiling with no worries.. well other than which topping they will have on pancakes for breakfast ;)

Was considering getting the paint out and doing some bits, but I can't be bothered now :o So I'm catching up with today's tennis with a coffee... living the high life of a Friday night :p
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Aye, me too lol
    Cuppa tea, cheese n toast n some choccie biccies... Rock n Roll lifestyle me ;D
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport