Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy

Comments

• lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    kev2009 wrote: »
    Interestingly, I didn't see the Wales & West Utilities appear on IGT site: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/gas/distribution-networks/connections-and-competition/independent-gas-transporters
    Maybe it's more complicated than I thought then. W&W certainly upgraded the main in our street, and the pipe to our home. They even had to come in and check our appliances before turning the gas back on.
  • kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Neil_Jones wrote: »
    I'm assuming you're on dual fuel with British Gas so one payment covers both.

What usually happens is your final bill will be generated and any credit is used towards it. Once that bill is settled any outstanding credit after that should be refunded to you.

Note that it takes up to six weeks to move provider and as direct debits are monthly the situation may occur where a new payment goes out to BG very close to your switch date. This'll just be added to the existing credit on the account.

Hi,

Thanks @Neil Jones - I am indeed on dual fuel with British Gas but they take payments separately i.e on my bank statement they show one DD for Gas, one for Electic on the same day, hence why I wondered how it worked as I read any money owing could cause delays so hence wondered if should pay or if they will just take the money owed at closing via DD.

Kev
  • kev2009
    lstar337 wrote: »
    Maybe it's more complicated than I thought then. W&W certainly upgraded the main in our street, and the pipe to our home. They even had to come in and check our appliances before turning the gas back on.

yeah maybe or maybe that is the National Gas people who you call for emergencies regardless of who your with as opposed to your specific IGT?

Kev
  • gradgrind
    gradgrind Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Nothing to say really, they bill accurately, send monthly statements, and when emailed respond promptly. This wouldn't be remarkable if all the others were as good. But they're not, so it is.
    4Kwp Solar, Lux 3.6kw inverter, 2*Pylontech 3000C batteries.
    EV6 on order, Zappi charger.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    gradgrind wrote: »
    Nothing to say really, they bill accurately, send monthly statements, and when emailed respond promptly. This wouldn't be remarkable if all the others were as good. But they're not, so it is.

Could not agree more. Really pleased that we switched our gas to them last year.
    So happy, we have also helped a relative switch their gas to them too.
  • kev2009
    Received email today to say they have contacted my existing supplier and will be sending me a letter very soon with all the info i need, including amount to pay each month and when payments will be taken.

Kev
  • kev2009
    Update:
    Received email today saying DD been setup and date it will come out so looking good so far.

Kev
  • kev2009
    Update:
    Received email today asking to supply a reading, can be now or on the actual day of switch, looks still set to go ahead on the date they originally said so all looking good so far.

Plan to submit a reading tomorrow.

Kev
  • kev2009
    Update:
    Submitted my reading tonight, do they send a email to confirm received reading? If not, I might email them just to be sure as it's my first time submitting a reading.

Thanks

Kevin
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    kev2009 wrote: »
    Update:
    Submitted my reading tonight, do they send a email to confirm received reading? If not, I might email them just to be sure as it's my first time submitting a reading.

Thanks

Kevin

No, you don't get an email confirmation, but you can be confident they have received it through the website.

If you contact them however, you will probably get a very quick positive response.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback