Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    YAY :D

It's the weekend :)

Today is a big day...

I am going to be paying the application fee for the BIG B / BIG S today...

also the beastie (my bike) is going to the local medic / mechanic to get put right...

so far today;
    I have done one load of washing, with two more pending...
    Tidied up a bit... need to dust n hoover the place though...

have a few other wee jobs to do and then I'll be off to bank to pay the fee...

Will post an update later.

Also, possibly more baking adventures today and over weekend :D

Have a wonderful weekend folks
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    A big next step. Well done for getting to this stage. Enjoy your weekend :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    ...and the BIG S application fee payment has been made.

Need to notify the IP / Trustee and provide the receipt details. Then the application goes to the AiB (Scotland) and then it is in the hands of the IP / Trustee for the next 4 years...
    I feel strangely out of sorts now. I don't know, to be honest, if I expected to feel as if a weight had gone or some sense of relief or something... Suppose it won't really be a relief or release until it is all over.

The beastie is in with my Local Bike Shop for the work I cannot do... the mechanic was great and he very quickly knew that I knew what I was about with bikes... agreed the beastie was in not bad nick really and a wee bit of TLC and she'll be climbing up hills and bombing it back down again in no time...
    Good point of note was that the mechanic is a HUGE fan of my type of bike and I wouldn't be surprised if he took her out for a wee test ride once the work was done, you know, just to check everything is OK like ;)

Going to chill with a cuppa now and catch up on folks adventures
    Thanks for reading
    :A
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi US
    It is a big step so it's not surprising that you're feeling a wee bit strange but look how far you've come and how inspiring you have been to others.
    Do you say you lived in Glasgow? I'll expect to see you and the Beastie whizzing through the town in the near future,
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Thanks Toni'sfriend
    Aye, I am in that area ;)
    Unlikely to whizz thru the toon tho, Lomond hills and the campsies most likely :rotfl:
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    I know!! So awful :(

Hope the bike gets sorted :D

Have a lovely day then its the weekend ;)

He leaves 6 kids :-(
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    Options
    Whizzing through the Campsies. That sounds lovely.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Have just started on the survey thingy...
    Joined Prolific Academic... and have so far the grand total of... ta-dah... £1.00 :D

Ach, it will build up eh?

Waiting for my account to be verified and for more studies to become available to me...
    Whatever I make from it will be going towards saving for a car...
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Options
    Onwards and upwards uncannyscot, and i dont just mean with the bike.

Give yourself a day or two for it to settle in. You have a great future ahead of you.:T
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • PlaysNicely
    PlaysNicely Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    :wave:

Just to say Hi UncannyScot and wishing you well with the next steps. Natural to feel a bit *meh* after a moment like that, be kind to yourself till it passes and keep looking forwards ... I'm still working through your thread but you seem to have done so much in such a short time already!

Hope you're soon reunited with the bike! PNx
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #236 - £ 5 / £332.05 + 365 day penny challenge - £ 18.15 / £667.95; 52 weeks challenge = £183 / £1,378;Frugal Living 2018 #42 <£11,500
    :p
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure