Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• Today marks our 14 year wedding anniversary - go us! We shall do something special when the house is ours again...

Today may involve:
    - washing
    - washing up
    - having a friend over for coffee and a chat
    - school run - and seeing the Head
    - marking
    - making chicken stock
    - picking some apples - tis rather breezy and I'd rather pick them than have to pick them up
    - bunny sewing and stuffing (have 8 on the go, I think)
    - contact car people re collecting it for mending
    - sort out dd's cheerleading time + location choice
    - we need milk so I may get more bits to tide us over until Friday
    - find out when to plant the hyacinths to give as presents - they are not the specially treated ones which should bloom at Cmas, but I am sure I have read that you can use normal ones
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Happy 14th wedding anniversary Apple and Mr Apple :heart2:
    It's ours too!
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • Happy wedding anniversary :T:T

Best wishes Tilly x x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Happy 14th wedding anniversary Apple and Mr Apple :heart2:
    It's ours too!

Obviously it was the date to marry! Congratulations!
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Happy Anniversary to all the love birds :D.It would have been my 33rd on Friday :eek:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Aww! Happy Anniversary! :smileyhea Hope you have a lovely time when things return to normal again :)

Glad to hear things are being resolved with your DSS, it all sounded very :eek: :( Hope things are starting to feel a little more settled and respectful now?

Love that you're still managing to get so much done despite background sillines! You're a force of nature! Loving the hyacinth idea :D

PS. Still need to catch up properly with you! Went AWOL for a while, oops! Coming back down to earth now... ;) PPS. Had much fun the other day chasing you on fitbit, it was agonising always being a hundred or so steps behind :rotfl:
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • Tee hee! I was even number 1 on my fitbit friends list for a while...! I revelled in the glory of it!
  • Car has been collected for repair after the eejit drove into dh 2 weeks ago. Washing done. Small food shop done, including steak for a slap up meal on Friday, when we'll both be in(!). Lovely coffee with lovely friend done. Work out done ([FONT=&quot]Pin up legs 12 min: 10 burpee + 5 each pistol = 4 rounds + 10 pistol)[/FONT]

Dd's school are now going to seriously deal with the girl who continues to cause her so much upset and worry - far too much for a 7 year old to have to cope with. I have started a paper trail of events/incidents and am meeting her class teacher this afternoon to give her the full history - at the Head's request. Unfortunately, we didn't keep written records each time, so I'm relying on memory. but dd will also be there and is certainly capable of speaking for herself. Dd is at the stage where she wants to move school to get away from this girl. Not fair.

So, off to get a coffee and sit down to try to make a list of what I can remember...
  • small - I'm older than you! By 4 years. I'll dig out my last statement and have a look. If I'm wrong, then all the more reason to focus on FIRE now.

Dd has been utube surfing for songs from Matilda, moving on to Annie... Dss is looking after her while I'm at work, so he'll be exhausted by lunchtime...!

What is FIRE? x
  • What is FIRE? x

Financially Independent, Retire Early. Think it came from MrMoneyMustache, but not sure. It's a great goal!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback