Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Comments

• scarlet55
    scarlet55 Posts: 21,780 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    kerry2285 wrote: »
    Make sure you ask for the full amount you owe, lloyds told me £4100, but on the letter I got this weekend it said as an early settlement they would deduct £560 so really my loan is £4660. Im not too impressed as this £560 is now not on the DRO....I think, I dont know the full in's and out's of how they process it all.

I hate Lloyds £10 a day in charges plus the £5 a month charge. They can charge £10 a day for 8 days a month. Stupid charges! Sorry rant over! lol
    im sure one of the experts said that you wont be liable for any interest that was added after your dro is submitted...:j
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Bloody Hell!!!!! They're taking over the world, is there any escape :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I'll close that one too then, just to be on the safe side......I had a feeling they were one of the same! Can't go to Barclays I owe them money too!!!
    just stay with cashminder iv heard good things about them on this forum...you can still do internet banking and set uo direct debits...they just wont lend you any money .....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • kerry2285
    kerry2285 Posts: 24 Forumite
    scarlet55 wrote: »
    im sure one of the experts said that you wont be liable for any interest that was added after your dro is submitted...:j

Thankfully the advisor added extra for the bank account charges. Its the loan that I am worried about as the figure I gave was 560 short. (I think this is the interest gathered over the next 5 years if I was to carry on paying - yes loans are confusing! lol)

Someone replied earlier and put me at ease but if I do get any problems I will be on the phone to sort it asap!
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    kerry2285 wrote: »
    Thankfully the advisor added extra for the bank account charges. Its the loan that I am worried about as the figure I gave was 560 short. (I think this is the interest gathered over the next 5 years if I was to carry on paying - yes loans are confusing! lol)

Someone replied earlier and put me at ease but if I do get any problems I will be on the phone to sort it asap!
    i really do think u'l be ok...theres no way ur interst should be that high..i think they are just adding more on to see iff they can get away with it...i had a £6000 loan 2 years ago and theres 2 years left on it...every time iv had a statement from them the interest has gone down as the balance goes down.
  • scarlet55 wrote: »
    just stay with cashminder iv heard good things about them on this forum...you can still do internet banking and set uo direct debits...they just wont lend you any money .....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Lol! Yep no more credit 4 me :) I've every intention of staying debt free. It's all old credit from when I was working, then I had to kick xOH out & my income took another nose dive. I've just realised I've been trying to pay some of these debts off for over 5yrs & don't seem to have got anywhere with all these minimum payments etc. It'll be a gr8 relief when I can begin to start a fresh. Onwards & upwards :beer:
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Bloody Hell!!!!! They're taking over the world, is there any escape :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I'll close that one too then, just to be on the safe side......I had a feeling they were one of the same! Can't go to Barclays I owe them money too!!!
    not being funny broken spirit but how many bloody bank accounts do u have.....:exclamati:exclamati:exclamati:exclamati:exclamati lol
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Lol! Yep no more credit 4 me :) I've every intention of staying debt free. It's all old credit from when I was working, then I had to kick xOH out & my income took another nose dive. I've just realised I've been trying to pay some of these debts off for over 5yrs & don't seem to have got anywhere with all these minimum payments etc. It'll be a gr8 relief when I can begin to start a fresh. Onwards & upwards :beer:
    i know what u mean..for the last few months iv been paying £100 on my cc and only £20 has actually come off my bill:cry::cry:
    not being funny broken spirit but how many bloody bank accounts do u have.....:exclamati:exclamati:exclamati:exclamati:exclamati lol

I've a bills account with the Halifax & I've an empty Natwest account. It use to be where my wages were paid in2, but obviously it's stagnant now. My Llyods debt was a cc. So just the one usable account. Is that unusual? :o
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    I've a bills account with the Halifax & I've an empty Natwest account. It use to be where my wages were paid in2, but obviously it's stagnant now. My Llyods debt was a cc. So just the one usable account. Is that unusual? :o
    not really, im just in a funny mood 2nite :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    not really, im just in a funny mood 2nite :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Your like a child on Christmas eve :D All that excitement in anticipation of things yet to come! You're so near the end of your long & arduous journey & I must admit I'm quite excited for you :j I wish I'd been able to get into my CAB as they do seem to be getting the DRO's through quicker than anyone else from what I've read through on here. Do you think you'll get any sleep tomorrow? xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback