PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Comments

• Thinking of you all, GQ

92958_standing.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Charis
    Charis Posts: 1,302
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm sorry to read of the loss of your much loved Nan, GQ. I think most of us will be sending you virtual hugs, maybe, like me, stumbling over how to express caring thoughts in words on a forum. Remember to take care of yourself while you're helping others, as we know you will. Peace be with you all. xx
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    Just had the news in the last hour that Nan passed away peacefully earlier today. My Dad and Aunt, her two children, were on their way into the hospital to visit when the call came. They didn't quite make her bedside for the moment, which may be for the best, for them. She hasn't been conscious for some days now and hasn't known her visitors for a week or more.

Just glad I made that long trip to say goodbye when I did.
    I'm glad it was peaceful, and I'm glad you got to say your goodbyes.
    Thinking of you all, GQ

92958_standing.jpg
    My condolences also, GQ, to you and your family.
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thank you all so much for your kindness, I know we're all in this crazy business called Life together, even though most of us will never meet in RL.

I'm getting on with stuff, washing the dishes and preparing my tea. And crying intermittantly. A well-loved woman is worth crying over. She lived a long and mostly healthy life, a quiet countrywoman in an English village you've probably never heard of.

She'll be laid to rest in the churchyard beside my grandad, who is laid to rest beside his parents, and their parents and their siblings. She lived to see her great-grandchildren, including one grown into adulthood, which is a privilege not many get to enjoy.

Ahh, sadness is such a selfish thing in these circumstances, we grieve for our loss of Nan, the quiet rock in our family, a woman who had never been heard to speak ill of anybody.

And spare a thought for her dear friends, some of whom have known her for seventy years or more, and who must be very sad tonight.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    My deepest sympathy GQ
  • Ah yes, your Nan's friends will be feeling so sad.

Losing your friends is a horrible aspect of living to a great age.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,658
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Grey Queen that is a lovely epitaph for your Nan. I am sorry for your loss but I know you are glad you were able to tell her how much you loved her while you still could
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,189
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    GQ I'm sorry for your loss.

Floss xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Sorry to hear your news, GQ. Am glad you got to say goodbye and that she passed peacefully x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    So sorry GQ.
    I recall a quote that my friend told me after she lost a dear one: Love given will last forever.
    X
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family