Christmas Hamper Ideas Needed Please

Have just spent the best part of an hour reading the hamper and basket threads and am inspired.

We are on a tight budget this year so am looking for cheap presents that don't look cheap and think the hampers would be perfect as well as being personal.

I just need some ideas and help on what to put in them.

I am thinking of doing three:
One for my neice who is 13, she is into girly things, make up etc but don't really know where to start to be honest as don't want it to look too grown up. budget £15

Then I want to do one for my daughter who is 7. Maybe a girly night in theme for her as we often watch a dvd together when my husband works nights. budget £10 (maybe will include a dvd as well but not in budget)

Then my father in law and his wife (not mil!) this is where I really get stuck as don't have a lot to do with them so don't really know what to put in theres. They don't eat chocolate so that's out, maybe a bottle of wine but what else? budget £20

Thank in advance of your help, can't wait to get started on them!
Bec
ps where do you get the baskets, celephane (sp) and ribbon from?
Registered Childminder and mum of three.

Aiming to have money in our saving account by the end of the year and be in control of our debts.

Comments

• Morning!,

I can only speak for the ones i have done but i'm sure others will be along soon.

I find the most expensive thing when making hampers is the basket/box so if you can find something cheap to pop things in then all the better.

Here's what i would do....

Check out charity shops/tesco/asda or even a shoe box/wicker bin/magazine rack or these are lovely and work out at £2 each!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2602808/Trail/searchtext%3EPINK+BOXES.htm

Not sure what to do for youe niece but for your daughter (movie night) this one is easy and possibly the cheapest!

I have done one of these (not posted pic yet) and i have included, Doritoes (SP) x 2 (on offer at asda, 2 for £1) pringles x 2 (again ASDA, 2 for £2) Haribo sweeties (again, asda, 98p each or 2 for £1) Bottle of sharesize coke (asda, can u see the common theme? LOL 50p each) and you should be able to pick up a movie in TESCO (someone said on another thread they had some nice ones for £1)

The above hamper isn't very healthy but for a one off i think its fine.

My hamper is for a close friend and i went to BLOCKBUSTERS and bought gift voucher for two movie rentals and the local cinema does gift vouchers too as i didnt know what movies they would like. This does work out more expensive.

I'll put a pic on tonight of my hamper so far.

HTH Sugar xxx
    "The journey of 1000 miles commenced with a single step"
  • You could adapt the above girly movie night hamper for your FIL and wife and do a movie hamper for the local cinema. Gives them the chance to have a night out on you!

My cinema charges £5 a head and im sure you could get sweets etc for under a tenner.
  • bec28 wrote: »
    Bec
    ps where do you get the baskets, celephane (sp) and ribbon from?

These are readily available on ebay or your local florists. I phoned round my local ones and they charged an arm and a leg! So shop around (like anything!)

Sugar xxx
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Hi there

For your niece, how about going to somewhere like claires accesories? and getting lots of bits of jewellery, things for her hair etc..... you should be able to get quite a lot for your budget....
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • jane130
    jane130 Posts: 809
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've put togetehr a nice little hamper for my 9 year old neice , I found a pink clip top bin in tesco home store for £1.27 put a fleece throw in the bottom , then at the top I have added lots of bits a pieces of stationary , a pack of 3 lip glosses and some heart shaped bath fizzeers and some fluffy hair scrunchies that i found in wilkinsons , also some fluffy socks from primark and some haribo sweets , in all its worked out around £6.

I'll try and take a picture later , if the little ones will give enough time to put it all togther.
    I am journeying to a debt-free life.
    Our estimated debt-free date is January 2040. I'm on a mission to bring that date closer!
    16/02/23 debts - £9556.38
    emergency fund - £00.00
    debt-free diary - Time to Face the music and deal with this debt once and for all
  • bec28
    bec28 Posts: 332 Forumite
    Thanks for your replies. I went to tesco earlier and got some children's eyeshadow, bath pearls and lip gloss so have decided to use that in my niece's hamper. Will also check out claire's accessories for some bits too.
    Think I might do a food and wine for for fil and smil1t32

Aiming to have money in our saving account by the end of the year and be in control of our debts.
  • bec28
    bec28 Posts: 332 Forumite
    bec28 wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies. I went to tesco earlier and got some children's eyeshadow, bath pearls and lip gloss so have decided to use that in my niece's hamper. Will also check out claire's accessories for some bits too.
    Think I might do a food and wine for for fil and smil1t32

Sorry ds2 pressed enter before I had finished! last word was meant to be smil (step mother in law!) as can't do wrong with that - everyone eats and drinks!!

Great ideas for dd's hamper, can't wait to get started.

I ahve a bag of bits to take to the charity shop this week so will have a look while I am there for baskets and things.

I look forward to seeing your completed baskets.

Thanks again, Bec x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure