Getting fitter and trimmer

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Caeraugirl - wow to doubling the weight of the weights! :j

dolly - your tumble sounds spectacular, but painful! Hope your hip doesn't hurt much.

I am indeedy trying to get my head around Primal eating for November. Most calories from fat, then enough protein and lots of veggies. I think I'll need to sort out some 'treats' and puds. And plan in a way I haven't done thus far in my life!

It will be quite a busy month, so I'll need to do more than cross my fingers...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Change4Life
    Change4Life Posts: 33 Organisation Representative
    Hi all,

Adopting a healthier lifestyle can take time but it sounds like you are all taking the right approach. Start by making small changes to your diet and consider food swaps to make sure that you choose healthier foods.

The name of the game is also to try to get your heart beating faster, and your lungs working a bit harder for at least 10 minutes at a time. Build up to doing this for a total of 150 minutes a week. Every 10 minutes count! Change4Life's Do One Thing tool gives you all the support you need to make healthy changes to your diet and get moving more.

EM-C4L
    Official Company Representative
    We are the official representatives of Change4Life. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to health, fitness and lifestyle questions. You can see our name on the companies/organisations with permission to post list.
  • Well, I went to Kettlercise last night for the first time. I have to say that although I am happy doing cycling, running and aerobics I havent done anything involving weights for years. I am only little too, I weigh just over 8 1/2 stones and as my son says my arms are like twigs.

On the advice of the instructor I used 3kg weights. I am a bit embarrassed to say that I found it really hard work and my legs are really feeling it today. Well I suppose if nothing else its going to be a challenge!

Needless to say I wont be doing much exercise for a day or two. I usually go out on the bike on a Friday but will probably leave it until Saturday.
  • aggypanthus
    aggypanthus Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello ladies, the last 2 weeks have vanished, I have stayed the same, stuck but not trying too hard.
    Decided that crisps give me reflux so trying to avoid them. My food intake is small enough to enjoy some goodies, but if I stop the goodies..Lol.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi guys. Weigh in day for me today and have lost 3lb, leaving just 11lb to go. I managed to reach my target again this month of a 7lb loss which I am amazed by.

Went for a run yesterday but due to having a million things to do it was just 20 minutes. Cycling later on today too.

Have a good weekend all.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Well done Dolly, that's amazing!

I've not lost anything this week, but not gained either so keeping positive. I got out on my bike yesterday, a quick five mile round trip to library but really stepped up the pace so was quite out of puff both ends of the journey. I've also been doing the dumbbell routine with double the weight, and while it's enough for the arm exercises I think I need to increase it a little more for the legs. Yorkshirelass, it does get easier...... Lol!

Hope everyone else has done better than me with the weight loss this week, hopefully I'll be heading downwards again next week.
    #19 Save £12k in 2024 £4808.21/£12000

April NSD Challenge 8/20
  • Eyebright
    Eyebright Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Not been on it at all the last couple of weeks. Monday I ate 3 jam tarts :eek: not really been exercising either. Managed to go gym last night, but it was a half-hearted attempt. Ate a bit better today. Weighed at the gym and have STS which is the only positive thing I can draw from the last few days.

Dolly well done on your weightloss, you are going to be slinky for Santa! :D
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
  • [QUOTE=Eyebright;66833603Managed_to_go_gym_last_night,_but_it_was_a_half-hearted_attempt._:D[/QUOTE]

Ah but you went and thats the main thing. I have got a lot going on at the moment but I keep telling myself that every little bit helps. I wanted to go out on the bike yesterday but didnt really have time so I did a quick half hour ride on a route that has a big hill in the middle. Then I took the dog for a walk and tried to walk as fast as I could.

Wont get chance to do anything today and its half term so not sure how much time I will get this week.

Thinking about buying some kettlebells and a DVD so I can do a bit at home.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Ah but you went and thats the main thing. I have got a lot going on at the moment but I keep telling myself that every little bit helps. I wanted to go out on the bike yesterday but didnt really have time so I did a quick half hour ride on a route that has a big hill in the middle. Then I took the dog for a walk and tried to walk as fast as I could.

Wont get chance to do anything today and its half term so not sure how much time I will get this week.

Thinking about buying some kettlebells and a DVD so I can do a bit at home.

It's the exercise equivalent of Tilly Tidies! Love it!

Try out utube for kettlebell workouts before splashing out on a dvd - the kbells are expensive enough!! I think Zuzka Light may have some, but not sure if they are free...

I have my 8k kettlebell, 2x 5k dumbells and my 25lb sandbag. Love them, but also love bodyweight too.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I won't be able to do my normal level of exercise this week due to half term but it does me good to slacken off every once in a while. I ran yesterday and am now up to 7 sets of the 99 wooden steps. Today I will probably go for a short run before tea and then do a T25 Focus workout after tea.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family