Virgin Line rental saver £144

AndyPK
AndyPK Posts: 4,241
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
I think I paid my Line saver rental in January.

Why on earth do I have a letter today saying I must renew it by 20 Nov ?

Is that because they need it a month in advance ?

Comments

• AJXX
    AJXX Posts: 847 Forumite
    Well a quick Google search came back with this: http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/about-virgin-media-fibre-optic/line-rental-saver.html

Which clearly states
    Payment: Offers require you to pay by Direct Debit and use eBilling. If you prefer not to pay by Direct Debit, you will incur a monthly £5 payment handling fee payable to Virgin Media Payments Ltd. If you would like paper bills, the fee is £1.75 a month. Payment may be required in advance. Your first bill includes the charge for the month you join (from the day you join), plus one month in advance. All prices include VAT. Calls may be monitored. Further terms and conditions apply. See sections below for more Legal Stuff.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    No - the first I knew of my line saver expiry wax when my monthly bill started charging for it again. When I did pay, they backdated the charge to the anniversary date and refunded the monthly charge.

Paying it in advance appears to be an aspiration, not a requirement.
  • Mercenary
    Mercenary Posts: 627
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 27 October 2014 at 6:13PM
    I got a letter like that last November and am expecting it again soon. I don't know why they send this out so early but probably to do with their payment in advance systems that they love.

It should just carry on from your present one after your 'end' date from when you originally set this up.

I see that it must have gone up by £24 as I paid £120 last year :( but better than the full whack for line rental, I suppose, even though we rarely ever use the landline. BTW I think there's a small additional charge if you use a credit card instead of a debit card, so be aware.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure