thomson holiday in flight meals?

Comments

• Save your money and bring your own sandwiches.

But sadly not your own drink as these are banned through security.

As all drinks cost £1 or often far more airside and the Boots Meal Deal comes with a drink as well as sandwich and crisps, chocolate bar or fruit pack its still a pretty good choice.

The most expensive Fruit smoothie that qualifies for the Meal (a Naked drinks one) costs £2.50 if purchased on its own. Your own sandwiches might still be worth it for a large family group but not usually for a single person after all the extra hassle involved in making them.
  • debi57 wrote: »
    I too have booked a holiday with Thomsons for next year, July to Egypt. I was also told the same thing by my travel agent, no in flight meal! I am disappointed lol, because it's all part of the 'holiday experience' for me! Just another way of Thomson's etc cutting back & saving money, yet the holiday had gone up in price by nearly 25%! Typical! :(

As we generally get early flights the in flight meal is essential and we've ever had anything you would call bad or unedible so I'm very disapointed by this, on their website they say it's because they have listened to their customers, rubbish, more like they can make more money by selling snacks on the flight, I would bet they haven't reduced the cost of the flight/holiday accordingly. We normally go Thomas Cook but due to the amount of deposit required we ended up with Tompson this year, probably a bit of a mistake as they seem expensive for extras, we enquired about airport hotel and parking, last year TC sorted this for us at a cost of £85, we asked Thomson to do the same this year, same hotel, they wanted near £200, I booked it independantly for £89 so close to what I paid TC last year.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    We have just come back from Egypt travelling with Thomson. We paid £15 each for the in-flight meals in total. What a waste of money. They were vile. We decided to get the meal as we did not fly from Hurghada until 20.30 so thought we would be very hungry. They did not actually serve the meal until nearly 22.30 and then it was sausages! Yuk.

We are going to Gran Canaria next week also with Thomson. We are not having the meals this time.
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    "Passengers are welcome to bring their own food onboard" on Ryanair
  • Bmwm3gt2
    Bmwm3gt2 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    "Passengers are welcome to bring their own food onboard" on Ryanair

If they can sneek it past security lol
  • Bob_the_Saver
    cbrookes wrote: »
    If they can sneek it past security lol

I never have a problem, do you try and take soup of custard?
  • Bmwm3gt2
    Bmwm3gt2 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I never have a problem, do you try and take soup of custard?

No, I never take anything but I know a few who have had stuff taken off them but must admit its normally drink now I think about it. I dont like carrying more than I have to and can cope without food and drink on short haul flights, if not I generally pay a few quid for the vip lounge as its also generally alot less stressful than the main lounge (especially during busy holiday times)
  • givememoney
    givememoney Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    We are going to Italy in September and booked with a travel company and it states `meal included` so we expect one.

Having said for a fairly short flight in some ways it is better off without one as they take ages to clear away and you are left trapped in your seat until they dispose of the rubbish.
  • Bob_the_Saver
    It is a well know fact that as soon as anyone sits down on a plane they have a very strong desire to do two things without delay.

A. Go for a p*ss (even though they've just sat in the airport for 2 hours)
    B. Eat a meal (even though they've just sat in the airport for 2 hours)

The shorter the flight, the stronger the desire - it's a well known fact!
  • NAP6W
    NAP6W Posts: 20 Forumite
    Just make up your butties before you go!! And as stated already buy some juice airside. Saves a fortune from the robbing gits anyway!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure