Wine sales discussion

Former_MSE_Lee
Former_MSE_Lee Posts: 343 Forumite
edited 25 August 2010 at 10:12AM in Shop but don't drop
For a full list of current wine sales see the
Regularly Updated:

If you've spotted or heard of more... please tells us with as much details as possible, including whether it was emailed to you or its a deal available to all. We'll then check out whether its legit for others and if it is put it all in the one page.
... just click reply to report new top spots
Thanks for your help

Comments

• thatguy1
    thatguy1 Posts: 5,363
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 25 August 2010 at 10:38AM
    Sainsbury's have 1/3rd of on selected reds, roses and whites in their wine festival until 16th September. Should be instore & online, but is posted on the 'instore offers' section of the website. http://www2.sainsburys.co.uk/instoreoffers/instore-offers.htm
  • Sainsburys give as a standard 5% off when you buy 6 bottles or more. Add this to some cracking deals (see below) and it all adds up to some excellent value for money:

Vina Miapo Cabernet Sauvignon £3.99 (£3.79 when buying 6 or more of any wine) was £7.99 and very nice indeed
    Casilero Del Diablo Cab Sav £4.65 (£4.42) was £6.99 very good too
    Primitivo Taste the Difference 2 for 10 (2 for £9.50) instead of £6.49 each (lovely)
    Carta Roja Gran Reserva £5.99 (£5.75) was £11.99 (very good)
    Piccini Chianti Reserva £5.49 (£5.22) was £10.99 (haven't tried it yet)
    Vina Maipo Rose £3.99 (£3.79) was £7.99 (very drinkable)

Obviously wine is quite subjective but I think all the above represent excellent value for money (if you want good wine at low prices) and good savings and better value than M&S and Tesco
  • raddy59
    raddy59 Posts: 321
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Bearing in mind that on the Tesco 50% offers it is putting the full price prices quoted as almost the same price as famous named champagnes. On the M&S offer Oudinot demi sec at £17 is still way over what you would were paying full price 18 months ago. And bear in mind that since it's biggest market (the UK) collapsed Champagne region is sitting on millions of bottles of unsold stuff, and more coming along every harvest

Don't be suckered - these are not great offers

PS
    Waitrose has Ma rquess de Monistrol cava (lovely ) at £8.99 a bottle - it is high compared to last years price, but stillcheaper than the Tesco offer
  • sixty
    sixty Posts: 16 Forumite
    edited 1 September 2010 at 8:09PM
    Sainsburys...champagne £13.99 a bottle. (1st September today.)
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    ASDA have loads of decent wine on offer at £3 a bottle. Why mess with the delivery companies?
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • Virgin have great wines although I've never heard of this offer before. Virgin normally charge for delivery but this offer has free delivery. Beats carrying bottles home from the supermarket! :)
  • suiko
    suiko Posts: 290
    Forumite
    Usual story of supermarkets flogging industrial rubbish at half price, when it's real value is actually only more or less the discounted one. As a wine lover, I wouldn't touch any of 'em.
  • evomedia
    evomedia Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 23 September 2010 at 11:15AM
    I stumbled across a few offers on Laithwaites Wine

Save £30 on 6 bottles of champagne, available to all from the homepage offer link marked 'lovely bubbly'

Also some decent offers on their 'offers and deals' page found under buy wine navigation

Plus a half price deal on a case of 12 (£79.99 reduced to only £39.99) with a free £30 corkscrew, if you click on the "discover a world of better wine" promo on homepage that says "as seen on TV", this ones a wine club deal so you'll be signing up, but you can always cancel without a problem...

Laithwaites always offer great service and their wine is nothing like the supermarket mega brands, decent drinking to be had :)
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    evomedia wrote: »
    I stumbled across a few offers on Laithwaites Wine
    with a free £30 corkscrew:)

Has anyone made the corkscrew last more than a few months until is breaks? I have had 2 and they all break
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • suiko
    suiko Posts: 290
    Forumite
    Laithwaites are a hugely succesful hype machine. Through a deluge of advertising, they are remarkably adept at making their many customers believe they are getting unique, small-production wines from "the vintage of the century", when the actual wines are for the most part poor quality and picked up for a song. Still, you have to take your hat off to them for the success of it all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure