The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Comments

• poolforever
    poolforever Posts: 88 Forumite
    It'll be tomorrow.
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 2 June 2014 at 7:51PM
    TSB not paid any interest, anyone else got theres?

I thought it just needed funding 1k or so every month and thats it

Interest Plus Account requires £500+ per month and it should be in tomorrow.

http://www.tsb.co.uk/current_accounts.asp
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Any ideas what to do with the rest?

Please forward a cheque, payable to 'I-LOV-MONEY' :beer: If you PM I will give you my account number ;)
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I have tried to open a First Direct account to get the £125 for switching but because I had an account with them over 30 years ago (before computers) I wouldn't be classed as a new customer so no joy.

Seriously, do they remember you?

I have been with FD for a number of years and find them more than acceptable, particularly their free £250 overdraft.
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 July 2014 at 1:19PM
    No Tesco Current Account on your list? only 2 x £3,000 @ 3% but better than nothing.

PS. Their online banking has been up the creek for most of today so may be today wouldn't be a good day for applying. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5008465
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I have tried to open a First Direct account to get the £125 for switching but because I had an account with them over 30 years ago (before computers) I wouldn't be classed as a new customer so no joy.

"All we want are the facts. Just the facts, ma'am" :)
  • murphydavid
    murphydavid Posts: 832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 December 2014 at 1:19PM
    Been chasing the best rates for so long I have accounts emptied but not closed from years back when 5% seemed a low rate. Just happened to look at one of them and noticed: no longer available to new customers but still paying an interest rate of 1.5% so for me (having also 4 current accounts) its the next best.
    I just wondered if there is a list of obsolete accounts that pay more than the currently available accounts but are still open to new funds. Who knows I might even have a better one I can use. Finding it is the hard bit.
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    Tesco Internet Savings offer 1.5% (it can be used as a current account, but doesn't allow standing orders).
  • Tesco Internet Savings offer 1.5% (it can be used as a current account, but doesn't allow standing orders).
    Is that an obsolete account as per my message? I can only find Tesco at 1.4% for new customers?
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I just wondered if there is a list of obsolete accounts that pay more than the currently available accounts but are still open to new funds. Who knows I might even have a better one I can use. Finding it is the hard bit.

The SAGA Top 5 Tracker account (dating from 2008) has been paying 2.21% for a very long time. Sadly they finally seem to have cottoned on, and I received a letter a few days ago saying the rate will be dropping at the end of February.
    Stompa
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure