Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Comments

• d14doc
    d14doc Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 April 2011 at 4:31PM
    Have been trawling around for a couple of weeks to maximise hand luggage allowance with Ryanair. We need three new bags (with wheels), so cost was to be kept below the £20 mark. This was more tricky than I thought it would be!!!! Lots of bags well below the 55x40x20, so wasting vital space.

Went to fill up my car at the local Shell petrol station today before driving to the nearest out of town "outlet", and there was a display of exactly the right size of wheelie cases for £9.99 each.

Got them home, and they definitely measure 55x40x20! An excellent buy, with telescopic single handle and rubbery wheels. They seem robust enough for hand luggage, nothing special. The make is "Borderline". Just weighed one with my special luggage scales, and the weight is 1.4kg.

Available in Pink or Black!

Shell petrol station on Glasgow Road, Edinburgh (next to PC World).

Just thought I'd let you know....
  • Argos - £12.99 - Marketeer Drag Bag Paris (has wheels and handle)

Dimensions = (H)56, (W)39, (D)20cm. Capacity 14 litres.Weight 0.9kg.
  • willu_2
    willu_2 Posts: 25 Forumite
    d14doc wrote: »
    Have been trawling around for a couple of weeks to maximise hand luggage allowance with Ryanair. We need three new bags (with wheels), so cost was to be kept below the £20 mark. This was more tricky than I thought it would be!!!! Lots of bags well below the 55x40x20, so wasting vital space.

Went to fill up my car at the local Shell petrol station today before driving to the nearest out of town "outlet", and there was a display of exactly the right size of wheelie cases for £9.99 each.

Got them home, and they definitely measure 55x40x20! An excellent buy, with telescopic single handle and rubbery wheels. They seem robust enough for hand luggage, nothing special. The make is "Borderline". Just weighed one with my special luggage scales, and the weight is 1.4kg.

Available in Pink or Black!

Shell petrol station on Glasgow Road, Edinburgh (next to PC World).

Just thought I'd let you know....

Has anyone spotted these bags at a Shell garage around Cheshire, North Wales area, sounds just what i need, thanks.
    2010 Posts: 5,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    The best and probably the cheapest place is Sports Direct.

They are Dunlop and come in all sizes but the one for airline cabins is £9-99.
  • I found this website who have loads of Ryanair approved cabin luggage - karabars
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    willu wrote: »
    Has anyone spotted these bags at a Shell garage around Cheshire, North Wales area, sounds just what i need, thanks.

Total stations are now stocking what seems to be the very same bag for the same price - £9.99p. I just bought one.
  • Just returned from Brindisi.
    At the boarding point Ryanair staff were weighing bags with hand held scales. Anyone over 10 Kgs was given the choice - 40 euro fine or the bag stays.
    Size not an issue
    Too later to check the bag in - Bloodsuckers
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    loufra wrote: »
    Just returned from Brindisi.
    At the boarding point Ryanair staff were weighing bags with hand held scales. Anyone over 10 Kgs was given the choice - 40 euro fine or the bag stays.
    Size not an issue
    Too later to check the bag in - Bloodsuckers

Why are they bloodsuckers?

The website states your limit is 10kgs.

Did you expect them to pat you on the head, smile and say 'Have a nice flight, sir'?
  • Based on this advice I went to my local Sports direct store and bought a Dunlop trolley Case 10 ( I belive Sports Direct own the Dunlop brand). Its size is a perfect 51 x 34.5 x 19 cm Its a bit heavy at 3.1kg, the capacity is 33.4 litres. With the expander zip open - this increases capacity by up to a 1/3, I can put my coat and a heavy book for example at the top, and take them out at the check in. Again they say its 50% off for £9.99 - cant go wrong!:T
  • Just realised it comes with a free luggage padlock too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure