The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Comments

• SpagBol
    SpagBol Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    camuk81 wrote: »
    Well just wanted to say thank you Jemma and everyone on here. Redid my maths today and thanks to the motivation you guys have given my original debt free date of doing nothing has moved from Sep 2015 to November 2013.

So even if I had a melt down tomorrow I've taken a big chunk off my debts. Cheers guys for all the help and inspiration

That's fantastic! Well done :j
    DMP started Oct '17: £79,974 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • SpagBol
    kerri_dfw wrote: »

SpagBol - hope your DS is feeling better. It's amazing what a difference snowballing can make, even just £1 a day on debt instead of cake makes a difference :)

Thanks so much, he is ok thanks but suffers with allergies and after a few weeks at the start of the year on our economy diet of more pasta, bread etc and less meat he looked really tired and unwell. Looks much better again now :) I found myself on a well known parenting forum for a while worrying about him rather than on here worrying about money but we've still kept the year of austerity up...no pubs or restaurants in 2012 yet (except mothers day!) which is soooo hard but satisfying to save so much money!

We are so determined...we have paid off a huge amount but still at less than 10% :eek::eek: I still can't believe we made such bad decisions to get to this place but there we go...

How are you doing anyway K? I must go and check out your diary in a minute.
  • Haven't posted for a while as I had problems with my laptop but happy to say that i've been chipping away at the debt and for my first post of the new thread would like to say:

#269 £3768.90 / £17820.96 paid

As I've said before our aim is to get to 50% by this Xmas and the full amount by Xmas 2013. We are in for the long haul :)
  • Gah - gained 0.5lbs this week.

Probably will gain again cos I'm off it today & monday as its Easter.

138 Deleted_User 6/36

Dxxx
  • Thanks Kerri, managed to get a rug I'd been looking at from Next marked down from £99 to £40 :)

We finished building our wardrobe yesterday and today we've finally put all our clothes away and cleared all the boxes out of the spare room so our friend can stay tonight :)

Hope everyone is having a good Easter :)
    HSBC CC - £3000 / £3000
    Halifax CC - £1032.77 / £1032.77
    Mortgage currently at [STRIKE]£82,299.71[/STRIKE] £76,017.62 would love to overpay
  • mf0u1098 wrote: »
    How are you getting on rolo-polo? xxx

I am fine thanks Jemma! Been in hospital recently for an operation so have only been reading and lurking rather than posting.

Been really careful with money and have managed to save up so am hoping to pay some extra ff the credt card this month! Just need to do a few more sums!

Will post again when it is finalised!

Thanks everyone for your posts on here i love reading about you all, sorry for not posting very much!
    :j rolo-polo1965 :j
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 17 January 2022 at 12:23PM
    Sharronj - thank you very much, I shall be freezing my dough so I don't have to buy takeaway pizza hurray :) Well done on your savings last night :)

SpagBol - glad your son is feeling better. You've paid off more than my total debt in just a few months, that's amazing! I'm doing well thank you, I'm trying to catch up on diaries but I'm quite behind. I spent 2hrs reading them today :)

Poohspals - Well done on the amount you've managed to pay off so far, hope your laptop problems are sorted now :)

Dolly Rocker - it's easter so I'm sure 1/2 lb is allowed :) Besides it's spring soon, so that will surely mean more getting up out the house and walking = more calories burnt than winter ;)

Fallenwiccan - glad you managed to get a rug and what a saving! Have you much left to unpack?

Rolo-polo1965 - hope you're feeling better soon, don't worry about not posting often :) I think as long as you're getting something out of what's written here, then that's all that matters :)

Well I've been sat here all afternoon designing a quilt using a paint type program. The OH has said that he would like it to be a Fibonacci sequence, so I've had to totally geek up my idea for our bedding set! Anyway, I've decided on this design and will use a smaller version of it to applique the lovely 400TC bedding I bought the other week.

I also need to report my daily £1 to the credit card :)

#005 £2626/£5030
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • SpagBol
    Well 2 Credit Card DD's are due out on Tuesday and are accounted for so that's another £280 to take us to:

#084 £5925 / £58000....That's 10.2% woohoo! :j:j:j:j:j:j
  • SpagBol
    Oh, and I spoke to our mortgage company today before speaking to our IFA next week as our fix is up soon. We can get a fixed rate 1% below our current mortgage to take our repayments down by almost £200pcm!!! We could do that for a couple of months to help with our snowballing or reduce the term by 6 years and have the same monthly payment. So either way...saving lots of money:money::beer:
  • Figured it was time for updated figures from me!

#256 £3586.75/£15,000

Only £11,413.25 to pay off by the end of the year and a fair bit more until i'm debt free!:eek::eek:
    Paid off £16,715/£16,550 by Christmas 2013
    Now to pay off all remaining debts by Christmas 2014
    Total to pay #041 £7,086.97/£16,500
    Only £9,413.03 to go :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business