The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Comments

• Just noticed there is another thread with pages and pages of complaints about Citibank customer service and this Flexi Saver 6 activation lark. Guess I got off relatively lightly then taking 3 days and waiting 30 odd mins on the phone :)

Anyway, I tested it by transfering a tenner from my Barclays current account which uses the Fast pay thingy...it took 4 working days ! Even of Citibank doesn't use the scheme, it should accept it much quicker surely. Anyway, gonna do a transfer back and see if it works. Always best to make sure it works well both ways before committing any big sums to this bunch of jokers. Don't want to have to ever call them again. I also noticed the website doesn't work with Firefox. Pathetic customer service, pathetic IT systems. Should be renamed Sh*tibank ..The Fed should have let them go under and saved us all this grief :rolleyes:
  • Mr._H_2
    Mr._H_2 Posts: 488 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I don't know why Citibank bother with a separate operation under the Citibank brand when they already have an operation that seems to work pretty well - Egg.
  • Beware, Citibank Flexsaver 6 does not allow you to add a new payee. So the only account you can send money out to is the one that you nominated at application time. Inflexible and pretty pathetic really ! Don't know if thats just a bug in the webpage or its a security thing. Suspect its a stupid bug. Others have complained about this in the other Citibank thread.

Anyway lets see if my transfer gets back in 4 days..

Yup, I have an egg account too and thats OK.
  • My wife spend 5 hours on the phone and still failed to get through. She eventually managed at about the 5th attempt and ended up speaking to a rude lady in their India call centre who my wife found very difficult to understand.

Re send cash from only the nominated account. I've send cash from several other accounts by simply sending from my on line banking to my Citibank sort code and account number. It took only 24 hours.

Overall - painful but worth it for 3.3%.
  • Mr._H_2
    Mr._H_2 Posts: 488 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    grimsby wrote: »
    Re send cash from only the nominated account.

golfpunk was talking about withdrawing money from the citibank account, not adding to it. He said you cannot add payees so can only pay out to one place.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 October 2009 at 11:52AM
    golfpunk wrote: »
    Beware, Citibank Flexsaver 6 does not allow you to add a new payee. So the only account you can send money out to is the one that you nominated at application time. Inflexible and pretty pathetic really ! Don't know if thats just a bug in the webpage or its a security thing. Suspect its a stupid bug. Others have complained about this in the other Citibank thread.

No its not a bug. Transfers out are allowed only to the nominated account.
    The same as with the AA, A+L and ING and probably many others.

From the user guide

".............For your security, you can only withdraw money by making a transfer to the nominated account you chose during your application."

The problem is that they seem to be using the same interface as they do for their bank accounts so you have the option to try and enter a new payee but the system then won't accept it as additional payees aren't allowed on the saver account.
  • M3_Sussex
    M3_Sussex Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I must be blessed. I just called Citibank to activate my account and was talking to someone within 10 seconds.
  • golfpunk wrote: »
    Beware, Citibank Flexsaver 6 does not allow you to add a new payee. So the only account you can send money out to is the one that you nominated at application time. Inflexible and pretty pathetic really ! Don't know if thats just a bug in the webpage or its a security thing. Suspect its a stupid bug. Others have complained about this in the other Citibank thread.

I will have the same problem as you but I am hoping that by adding my name as a joint account holder I can operate using two diff current accounts to transfer in/out..
  • What a god damn joke! You press option 1 and a recorded message plays followed by a prompt dead tone.. you go for option 2 and you could be waiting anything up to an hour!!! And !!!!!! when will these corporate greedy mofo's learn that call centres in India just don't cut it! I'm indian by the way and I can't stand their accent not to mention their attitude when they can't understand or answer questions properly!!! So I filled in my passport details online and it still failed verification so I have to send a certified copy.. totally annoyed as they couldn't even email this info, instead I have to find out myself! I have already sent in the proof of address so gotta waste more time and money posting.. and worse still I have come to MSE to check other people's experience and it's now making me think twice...argghhhh.. I hope the 3.3% is worth it in the end coz the only alternative is Lloyds which is 3.something %.. Well done to those who have managed to open and good luck to all who are in the process.. Hopefully once open we don't/won't have to speak to the call centre again...ever Lol
  • M3_Sussex
    M3_Sussex Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Strange, because when I called, I spoke to a British guy. He answered almost instantly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback