PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• angelsmomma
    angelsmomma Posts: 1,192 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 June 2012 at 10:43AM
    I have not posted since my last weigh in and am really disappointed that I am not doing well at all :(

I have stayed the same for the last 2 weeks and today I am up a lb so I am going to start again on the next challenge since this one is nearly over.

I will do a proper veg shop tomorrow as I am in town to the dentist and write down my meals again, it really helped when I first started back in April.
    Life is not the way it’s supposed to be. It’s the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Morning everyone.

Think I'm going to have to bow out of this challenge for now, I am failing miserably at it :( I just can't seem to get a grip on my eating and things, I feel like I'm letting myself down and don't really belong on this thread at the moment :(

Sorry to hear this- maybe have a week or two off and see how you feel
    I have not posted since my last weigh in and am really disappointed that I am not doing well at all :(

I have stayed the same for the last 2 weeks and today I am up alb so I am going to start again on the next challenge since this one is nearly over.

I will do a proper veg shop tomorrow as I am in town to the dentist and write down my meals again, it really helped when I first started back in April.

Im really struggling too and feel like abit of a fraud some weeks with all the STS and then a 2lb gain but I know this thread does help m. Again maybe have a week or two off and see how you feel

Mr Sunshine please come out to play as I think it would make dieting alot easier for us all if we had some nice weather :D
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • EllaRose
    EllaRose Posts: 127 Forumite
    Does anyone know if this week is the last WI for the challenge or is it next week?
    :)
  • meow5678
    meow5678 Posts: 150 Forumite
    EllaRose wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this week is the last WI for the challenge or is it next week?
    meow5678 wrote: »
    I'd like to lose 7lb please :)

Ohhhh... I forgot that this was a short time-frame based challenge! :rotfl:
    Obviously not trying to lose 7lb in a week or 2. :eek:
    I'll see how I do by the challenge deadline then decide on my next target to fit the length of the challenge.

Had a sneaky WI in this morning and so far, so good! Let's hope I don't manage to !!!!!! it all up in 24hours!!
    FTB
    :A Saving for my first deposit :A
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    slowlyfading sorry to hear you feel you're not achieving, perhaps you just need a break and come back for the next challenge. Don't set yourself a limit too high, just take it slowly. Remember the tortoise and the hare :)
    ragz not cheating at all you lost the lb fairly and squarely and you don't have people to dinner every Thursday evening ;)
    For anyone sts and gaining a lb or so, just think how much you'd have gained if you hadn't been posting your meals every day! I crept up to 3 1/2 st overweight over a couple of years without a forum like this one :eek:

Admission - had 2 jaffa cakes and a custard cream when I was out last night :o
    B - spicy, fruity porridge
    D - as yesterday, salmon steak, steamed veggies. Apple
    T - I've run out of Crackerbread!! Have dug out some wafers I bought when a gluten free friend came to dinner a few week ago. Waste not want not ;) Will have them with the usual prawns/marmite/marmalade
    S - nectarine, grapes, melon
    E - 40 mins gym this morning, 15 mins step/stretch/weights this afternoon

The sun has just appeared for the first time today so going to make a quick dash into the garden to see what I can do out there :)
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    Hello all, can't join in for weight loss (as I have a baby ammonite on board!) but would love to join in for healthy eating OS and trying to maintain/limit my huge upcoming gains. Suddenly got my appetite back in a huge way after a few weeks of sickness and have gained 9lb in 3 weeks - if I keep going at that rate they'll need a crane to get me out of the house!

I much prefer home cooking so would love to join in with you all if you will have me :)
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    ammonite wrote: »
    Hello all, can't join in for weight loss (as I have a baby ammonite on board!) but would love to join in for healthy eating OS and trying to maintain/limit my huge upcoming gains. Suddenly got my appetite back in a huge way after a few weeks of sickness and have gained 9lb in 3 weeks - if I keep going at that rate they'll need a crane to get me out of the house!

I much prefer home cooking so would love to join in with you all if you will have me :)

Conga Rats on the mini ammonite :beer::beer::beer:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    ammonite wrote: »

hiya :) I'm also expecting, and posting for the same reasons. It's so tempting to have an extra slice of cake/chocolate biscuit now that I feel like eating again after the morning sickness. Generally manage to resist though!
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Afternoon all :)
    Hectic few days with away days and team building. Ended up running around safari park for a few hours in the sun yesterday, I was knackered and starving by the time we got dinner, so tired I had to go home before dessert or I wouldn't have been able to drive! :o One of my colleagues kindly volunteered to eat my cheesecake for me though! :rotfl: :(

So overtired this morning I felt sick, and have had a headache all day so food a bit random

Breakfast: babybel, glass of fruit juice
    Snack: another babybel, breakaway bar
    Lunch: cheese salad sandwich, hula hoops, grapes and melon
    Snack: probably a cereal bar
    Dinner: something greek-inspired with roasted veg, halloumi, houmous and pitta, depending how inventive I feel tonight!
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Afternoon All,

It's been really warm and muggy here but pouring with rain for most of the day. I was supposed to be going swimming this afternoon but the road there was closed due to an accident so I spent the afternoon sitting on the settee drinking coffee and chatting instead.

B: Pears in pear juice.
    L: Omelette filled with left over creamed spinach from yesterday. Date and sultana slice.
    D: Warm wrap filled with garlicky paprika chicken, HG lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and coleslaw. Iced raspberry smoothie.
    Snack: Probably!

Exercise: 1 hour Pilates. 5 miles of walking.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure