Incapacity Benefit Tribunal

Well, we've only bloody gone and done it.

Letter came today.

OH has WON the tribunal :T :T :T

And it was a written one which goes to show just how strong a case he had and proves what a pair og imbiciles the *Indipendent* GP and DM were.

10 sodding points they gave him ~ the tribunal of common sense have awarded him 16.

To be honest, I dont give one jot about the money but as far as proving that yes, being 34 and needing new hips is a bit of a disability to the monkeys who worked on his claim/case/appeal is like winning the lottery.

I'd even like to stick one in the eye of the CAB who refused to help (and basically told us we didnt have a chance)

But I'm not bitter :p
:heartpuls baby no3 due 16th November :heartpuls
TEAM YELLOW
DFD 16/6/10
"Shut your gob! Or I'll come round your houses and stamp on all your toys" The ONE, the ONLY, the LEGENDARY Gene Hunt :heart2:

Comments

• healy
    healy Posts: 5,293
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I am pleased to hear your good news.

I hope you are not too bad otherwise.

Best Wishes.
  • tigtag02
    tigtag02 Posts: 6,857
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    healy wrote: »
    I am pleased to hear your good news.

I hope you are not too bad otherwise.

Best Wishes.

Thanks healy

I'm bearing up :D
    :heartpuls baby no3 due 16th November :heartpuls
    TEAM YELLOW
    DFD 16/6/10
    "Shut your gob! Or I'll come round your houses and stamp on all your toys" The ONE, the ONLY, the LEGENDARY Gene Hunt :heart2:
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    That's great news! :D
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • excellent news,proves that one should never give up
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well done, glad for you!
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • That's great news tigtag :T
    Best wishes
    Ally x
    Official DMP Mutual Support Club Member No 30
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    tigtag02 wrote: »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I can't read that without imagining Dellboy saying it to Rodney:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Congrats:T
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,551
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    And it was a written one which goes to show just how strong a case he had and proves what a pair og imbiciles the *Indipendent* GP and DM were.

I'd even like to stick one in the eye of the CAB who refused to help (and basically told us we didnt have a chance)

Congratulations! It's such a relief when it's reinstated, isn't it?

You were unlucky with CAB. Do write to them and tell the result - maybe they'll be more accommodating in the future.
  • Well done!
  • Kat44_3
    Kat44_3 Posts: 7 Forumite

Letter came today.

OH has WON the tribunal :T :T :T

10 sodding points they gave him ~ the tribunal of common sense have awarded him 16.

To be honest, I dont give one jot about the money but as far as proving that yes, being 34 and needing new hips is a bit of a disability to the monkeys who worked on his claim/case/appeal is like winning the lottery.

But I'm not bitter :p

Congratulations on your win!
    Hope you don't mind me posting in your thread but I wanted to share that my dad has also today just won his appeal for incapacity benefit :D

They refused him before saying he'd got only 6 points (he has a serious heart condition, can't lift things, can't walk far, out of breath easily etc, but because he didn't need an alcoholic drink when he woke up, he was deemed fit to work) :confused:

Anyway, the people today gave him 23 points! bit of a difference! His condition has got worse since the original rejection as well so they took that into consideration as well :)

The CAB also said they couldn't help my dad with his appeal because they only take on cases with 7 points or more as they expect to lose any others - although this obviously wasn't true in your case!

Congratulations again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport