Payment 3 weeks of DLA no award for pip yet

skcollobcat10
skcollobcat10 Posts: 331 Forumite
edited 29 July 2017 at 9:54PM in Disability money matters
Oioioioioioi

Comments

• Payments often change before you get award notice, if nothing in tomorrows post then phone them on Monday.
  • wellynever
    wellynever Posts: 908 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 February 2017 at 8:29AM
    I had three weeks worth of DLA, can't remember if I had the letter telling me about pip though, but did get HRM and HRC pip.

Edit to add remember they told me that they couldn't pay DLA and pip at same time, also something about assessment week landed on DLA week so that's why I missed one weeks worth of DLA, again if I remember I had to go five weeks before being paid pip.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Three weeks DLA paid into bank of £230.70 on the 14th February normal date would have been 21st February and normal 4 week payment is £307.60.

Have not had an award letter yet for pip what happens next and do you think by this they have issued a new award.
    Did you send the PIP "how your disability affects your form" back within the time frame? If not then this maybe one of the reason your DLA payments were less. If so then they may have made a decision on PIP.
  • poppy12345
    I got DLA forms back in time, sent them recorded delivery the week before due date.

Since then no acknowledgement of received form. I did phone up myself to check they had received it in January. No letter for face to face sent.
    You say DLA forms do you mean PIP? Recorded delivery doesn't mean anything when sending to DWP. It still has to go through the same process as any other mail. Did they say they'd recieved it?
  • poppy12345
    hmm i think you should ring them on Monday to check they haven't stopped your DLA before a decision has been made on your PIP. Seems a very short amount of time for a decision. I hope for you, i'm wrong. Good luck.
  • Yes that is a reasonable amount of time for a decision. Hopefully you have had a positive outcome, some awards are definitely being made without a f2f.

But the only way to know for sure what has happened is to ring.

Tom
  • I'll have to phone up on Monday pity I can't phone over the weekend to find out.

It's my husband's pip not mine but I had to get it form filled in for him with help of family, took ages. Its horrible to have to tell these people all the things you are unable to do, makes you sometimes feel like a failure having to confront your disability. I'd rather not think of the things you can't do and just get on with life.

Don't think you'll have much to worry about, the same happened to me with the three weeks pay, they can't pay dla and pip at the same time.
  • poppy12345
    The date they said to have pip forms back was 22nd December I had them sent 14th December and they received them next day delivery, I have proof of that. So now it is slightly over 2 months since sent. Do some pip decisions get made quickly in that timescale?
    Just for future reference next day delivery doesn't mean anything to DWP. It still has to go through the same process and takes just as long to get to the right department as 1st class post. Also just because it's been signed for doesn't mean it's got to the right department. Save your money money next time and just post 1st class with proof of posting. Good luck and hope you get the decision you want :)
  • Tommo1980 wrote: »
    Yes that is a reasonable amount of time for a decision. Hopefully you have had a positive outcome, some awards are definitely being made without a f2f.

But the only way to know for sure what has happened is to ring.

Tom
    What is the criteria to have the decision made without a F2F? When the DWP filled out my PIP2 (section 4, page 36) about attending an assessment they wrote that I want a face to face at their assessment centre, is that the normal way of doing things?
  • poppy12345
    What is the criteria to have the decision made without a F2F? When the DWP filled out my PIP2 (section 4, page 36) about attending an assessment they wrote that I want a face to face at their assessment centre, is that the normal way of doing things?
    There's no criteria for this. If they decide you have sent enough evidence for a paper based decision this is what they do. I had a paper based decision in November last year with ESA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure