CCJ Judgement Received, help pls!!

Comments

• vinghj
    vinghj Posts: 20 Forumite
    Hi, can someone give me an idea as to how long it takes for Croydon court to schedule my set aside hearing? The set aside was transferred to Croydon court on the 16th of nov by the Northampton court.

Thanks
    Vin
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,834 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    vinghj wrote: »
    Hi, can someone give me an idea as to how long it takes for Croydon court to schedule my set aside hearing? The set aside was transferred to Croydon court on the 16th of nov by the Northampton court.

Thanks
    Vin

Hi,

No one can answer that one for you, it will depend on the courts workload.

Patience is a virtue !!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • vinghj
    Thanks Sourcrates, CCJ is registered against my credit file now and I am very anxious and worried, hence the question.

thanks
    Vin
  • sourcrates
    Thanks Sourcrates, CCJ is registered against my credit file now and I am very anxious and worried, hence the question.

thanks
    Vin

Understandable, Christmas is coming though, you may not get a hearing till the new year.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • vinghj
    Blimey...that's a longtime to wait.....will get mentally prepared. sorry another question, I applied for set aside online and there is a status summary which currently say tfred to Croydon on the 16th....will this get updated when the hearing date is set? atleast that way I will know earlier before something comes through the post.
  • vinghj
    Hi

My date of hearing is Feb 20th at 11am at Croydon. No further info is mentioned on the letter, room where hearing will be etc etc ...nothing is mentioned?Feel nervous for tommorrow now, sorry to re start the thread......I have no documentation, just going to go there and say that the debt is statue barred.

Please help thanks
  • sourcrates
    Did you go to Legal beagles as advised ?

If not, do so now :

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?105-Received-a-Court-Claim
  • Best of luck tomorrow. Please let us know how it goes.
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    edited 19 February 2017 at 6:27PM
    Hi

My date of hearing is Feb 20th at 11am at Croydon. No further info is mentioned on the letter, room where hearing will be etc etc ...nothing is mentioned?Feel nervous for tommorrow now, sorry to re start the thread......I have no documentation, just going to go there and say that the debt is statue barred.

Please help thanks

Hi

Yep, that's your position - the debt is statute (note the second t) barred as you haven't acknowledged the debt by payment or in writing for over 6 years. It's up to them to prove otherwise.

Did you get any evidence from HPH as to when the debt was last acknowledged - you should have done, I believe 7 days before the hearing.

If they try to present any fresh evidence (and faked evidence is not unknown in these cases - sometimes internal transactions are painted as if they were payments by you) then make it clear to the judge that you did not receive it ahead of the hearing.

It's possible that this is just to decide whether the ccj should be set aside, i.e. moved back to the claim stage. The judge may not want to get too deep into the nitty gritty tomorrow, and save this for a future hearing (giving 'directions' to each side) but frankly it's a bit difficult to predict. The other side may not even turn up.

Basic rules apply - turn up in good time and dress smartly. Don't be threatened or unduly influenced by the other side before you go in but by all means listen politely if they have things to say. In the hearing don't make a speech but just answer the judge's questions - as briefly as possible. Call the judge sir or ma'am (lots of female judges).
  • vinghj
    Thanks Fat Belly for your reply.

Nothing from HPH, I have received in the last 7 days, nothing from them or their lawyers (Howard Cohen) ever since I asked this to be set aside. I have not acknowledged this debt or made any payments last 10 years easily.

If all goes well, will they cancel the CCJ tomorrow? I want this removed from my credit history.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure