$10+ a day Neobux Challenge 2016

Options

Comments

• fairyclicks
    Options
    ecdub wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am very new to Neobux, it looks interesting, but I have a lingering question predominately from reading these boards..

Is it a genuine significant money making opportunity.. or is it far to hard a slog for small returns when there are other opportunities out there.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of whether it is worth the time needed to invest -or whether it becomes a bit of an obsession, recycling referrals, having to do it every day etc etc, and once you're in it - it's hard to stop!

Hope that question makes sense, and people get where I am coming from. Be interested to hear any thoughts.

That is an interesting question and i can only answer for myself - i am taking the view it is a long term plan which will provide me with a good income after a few years - its like an investment but using time instead of money. It takes me just a few mins to do the ad clicks and really you can set most things up to work automatically - like using autopay etc. I did wonder about how it would work if i stopped and you can just stop re-investing and recycling etc but i can see how that might be hard to do.

From chatting to people who use it with RR's etc it is an enjoyable kind of obsession rather than a chore and i certainly find it very interesting and fun.

Will be good to hear what others think about this though ;) thanks for asking!
    Debt at Aug 2010 (LBM) £21,908.86, Debt Freeeeee Date 4th Nov 2013 :j:j:j Massive Thanks to the £10 per day thread :A Next goals:
    Savings £1203.16/£10,000******Mortgage to Zero: £52,579.46 to go
    Feb Earnings: £711.20/£500 March: £434.41/£500
    Currently compiling an A-Z of earning sites and happy to share it ;)
  • fairyclicks
    Options
    Jubilee76 wrote: »
    I won 10 points tonight! That can go towards my balance for golden membership lol. Would you recommend investing in this - it does seem to that the returns each day will go up with this even on 300 referrals?

It is a good point you make about being able to manage the extending - doesn't seem expensive until you multiply it by 100 or so. I've put auto pay on.

What do you think of recycling?

I tend to check mine in the evening after work. I transfer each day to rental account as not withdrawing. I had $1.5 when i got home today.

:D

Yey well done on the win :D

Regarding the golden member level i haven't actually done the maths (shame on me lol!!) but i do think it made a difference to my account. It does seem to be quite a lot of money to pay for the upgrade and i know K'Mare was able to get a discount so she should be able to explain how she did that. Personally i see the points as a kind of bonus so am keen to use those for next upgrade if i can - maybe someone who paid for upgrading will be able to answer better re the costs/benefits.

The recycling bit i have only toyed with a little and am only really focusing on getting to 1000 RR's and letting the system change refs after 14 days right now. I do intend to look more closely at recycling once i get to 1000 refs but that is probably not the most economic approach....
    Debt at Aug 2010 (LBM) £21,908.86, Debt Freeeeee Date 4th Nov 2013 :j:j:j Massive Thanks to the £10 per day thread :A Next goals:
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    I upgraded to golden when I had about 150 refs and in true MSE style I didn't want to pay full price for it.

I knew from a lot of reading on the forums that there was a discount offered at hallowe'en for golden and I saved on neo and invested about £20 earned from swagbucks to make up the amount I needed to buy golden. It is normally $90 and think I got it for $80, not sure if there are better discounts through the year?

It was definitely worth upgrading as your earnings build up quicker.

It made me think carefully about spending on neo and I quickly realised that keeping costs as low as possible is probably the key to success.

I plan to never pay full price for golden or use points if enough available and to use the promotions as much as possible to extend referrals. The more refs you have, the bigger the savings.

ecdub..........I can completely understand what you were trying to say and yes .....it does become obsessive, buying and then extending referrals and then buying some more and then extending them and recycling and then extending your earlier ones you bought. :rotfl:

I'm a bit like fairyclicks though in thinking long term and realising it could give me a decent income in a few years time if I put the time in now. I enjoy it more than other sites because I feel like I can play a part in how the site works for me.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • fairyclicks
    Options
    Points Offer for 29

Show your general knowledge skills and take our exciting Quiz to earn Points!
    Answer 10 general knowledge questions with unlimited repeats to claim your reward! No Registration required!

Completed but pending - will confirm if it pays me later ;)

LOL we did the same offer Mare :D

Offer didn't credit - still showing as pending :(

Today i'm going to try this one:

360 points

Sign up to play Elvenar and reach 150 points! Join the best fantasy city building game now!

Will play it a little and see what it is like and if too difficult to get to 150 points won't bother lol!
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Shame about the general knowledge one as it would have been a good regular earner.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • ecdub
    ecdub Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your replies guys, very interesting.
    May be a bit off topic for this thread, and a new persons question.. But I bought 3 referrals yesterday - and today they are all showing as no clicks.
    Is that a) delay in when info gets updated.
    B) luck of the draw and I may have 3 duds.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    ecdub wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies guys, very interesting.
    May be a bit off topic for this thread, and a new persons question.. But I bought 3 referrals yesterday - and today they are all showing as no clicks.
    Is that a) delay in when info gets updated.
    B) luck of the draw and I may have 3 duds.

Sometimes refs take a while to get going and I wouldnt do anything about them just yet.

Initially its a good idea to build your money up with tasks and keep clicking your ads every day, then slowly add more refs.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Ok.....I am going to attempt to buy my first refs as golden member.

Have set my two times in my settings , one of which is 10 p.m.

Does that mean I will be able to try tonight?

Only going to rent 3 to take me just over the 200 mark and give me an idea how it works.

Also has anyone got any idea when the next discount date is likely to be? I seem to have 25th March in my head....dont know why.
  • Jubilee76
    Options
    Hi all

Mare, I wonder if you are thinking 25th as it is easter weekend? Might be another promotion as holiday weekend.

It's great reading through all your posts as it really makes me think about the strategy. I am a little obsessed I fully admit - I do enjoy checking it when I get home.

A strategy I did read off the internet was to get to 300 and maintain/extend for 90 days on all and then upgrade to golden. I'm trying this as I am trying to keep my costs down. I too am looking at this long term but have set little targets. My only worry is going on holiday...is it only on the packages you get a 'vacation' period when it won't impact on your clicks.

Ecdub - I try not to look at those that haven't clicked yet but I have to confess my finger hovers over the recycle. I'm sitting back and watching them and a couple who hadn't clicked for 5 days suddenly popped up and clicked.

I've set my average clicks at the tops so can easily see who is green etc. I think I set them at 0.7 and 1.1 - again something I read on a strategy.

I need to try more of the offers. I haven't had much luck with mini jobs. I seem to keep getting the translate to Hungarian one. I did do quite a few tasks on one of the jobs and then saw on the dashboard that it didn't count towards your ranking. that was a blow.
    LBM no. 2 £20k :eek:
    1st debt to tackle - store card £216.70
  • snowcauldron
    Options
    25th March is NeoBux' unofficial birthday, so it's pretty much a nailed-on certainty that there will be some form of promotion embracing this date.
    NeoBux member since Aug 2013 | 8848 RRs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport