Problem with credit club : it does not show my credit score

2»

Comments

• MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi Wonkie

I'm afraid this is a different issue. It sounds like Experian's system is identifying that the name on the card differs from the name you've provided when registering for Credit Club. Unfortunately this means that you wouldn't be able to use this card as part of the identity verification process.

Thank you for that, Dan! The name provided to register with "Credit Club" is the same as what's on my card. What would be the appropriate steps needed to rectify the issue? I cannot even go back to review my details. Every time I login to my "Credit Club" account, it goes back to the "step 3" of the identification. Any Ideas?
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    so whats Experian making out of this deal
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • wonkie
    wonkie Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 25 February 2017 at 9:08PM
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi Wonkie

I'm afraid that once you've entered this stage it isn't possible to amend your details. This is in part to prevent a fraudster who'd stolen your card from continuously changing your info to try and get in.

I appreciate it is frustrating when you're (presumably!) the genuine person, but this is here as a protective measure.

Hello Dan! I can only assume the cause of it all is my name which is a long name and when I joined the "Credit Club" I used my full name to register. However, on my Credit Card my bank has abbreviated my forenames to fit it on the card. The system asked for my name as it appears on the card. So, as you can see it is not even a mistake on my behalf.
    Surely, there has to be a solution for the genuine person! If data is incorrect then there has to be a way for it to be rectified. I just cannot see how there are no other options. Frustration is not the point here. This is about something that needs to be put in place to deal with genuine faults and helping members' issues. If it has happened once, it is likely for it to happen again!
  • christiem94
    christiem94 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 26 February 2017 at 1:51PM
    I've had problems with credit club too.

Firstly I wasn't able to be verified by Experian, even though they had verified me directly for both a statutory credit report and their credit matcher service using the exact same details. I emailed and emailed about the issue and only ever received one back with a copy paste response of "we are unable to verify you. Are you registered on the electoral roll? Have you spelled everything correctly?" etc. The issue only resolved itself when I deleted my whole credit club account and re-registered (with the exact same details). It then had no trouble verifying me.

My current issue with it is that whilst I am able to login in on my phone with no problems, when I attempt to login from my laptop, I get a message to say that my login attempt was not successful. This has been ongoing for the last couple of weeks. I thought I must be going crazy and be entering the wrong password but I logged in using the same password on my phone and it logs me in straight away. I have no intention of emailing again due to the lack of response I received last time.

The idea behind the service is good and the information the credit club provides (when it works) can be very useful. However it has many issues and it does not seem there are adequate resources to solve them. But hey, this is just my experience of it thus far :think:
    Save £12k in 2018 #41 £8,247.60/£9,000
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    wonkie wrote: »
    Surely, there has to be a solution for the genuine person! If data is incorrect then there has to be a way for it to be rectified. I just cannot see how there are no other options. Frustration is not the point here. This is about something that needs to be put in place to deal with genuine faults and helping members' issues. If it has happened once, it is likely for it to happen again!

Hi Wonkie

Using different names on your accounts can cause some problems. It might be worth trying to delete your original account and re-registering with Credit Club using the name you use on your bank account.

Hopefully this'll work for you, but if not it may be worth checking on your statutory credit report (for a £2 fee) that all your accounts are being matched up. If not, you could ask Experian to add an alias to your report so that it knows to recognise you under the two names.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    I've had problems with credit club too.

Firstly I wasn't able to be verified by Experian, even though they had verified me directly for both a statutory credit report and their credit matcher service using the exact same details. I emailed and emailed about the issue and only ever received one back with a copy paste response of "we are unable to verify you.

My current issue with it is that whilst I am able to login in on my phone with no problems, when I attempt to login from my laptop, I get a message to say that my login attempt was not successful. This has been ongoing for the last couple of weeks. I thought I must be going crazy and be entering the wrong password but I logged in using the same password on my phone and it logs me in straight away. I have no intention of emailing again due to the lack of response I received last time.

Hi Christiem94

I'm sorry to hear you're having some frustrating issues trying to use the site. On your first point, it sounds like you've been emailing an automated mailbox at Experian. I'm afraid it doesn't provide personalised responses to verification problems.

Credit Club's verification process works separately from other Experian services, so just because you're able to register elsewhere, frustratingly doesn't guarantee a pass on Credit Club. It's likely that there was originally a matching error somewhere which was initially causing the problem. However the techies both at MSE and Experian have been working hard over the past few months to improve this - great to hear you're now able to get in on your phone.

I suspect the laptop issue is caused by an unsupported browser or old operating system. Can you try downloading the latest version of Google Chrome and ensuring your operating system has all the latest downloads on it. Hopefully this'll fix things for you.
  • Hi,

Several months on I am still getting the 'Verification Pending' message -

"Thank you for your application to Credit Club, we need to do some further checks to confirm your identity. This helps to ensure the security of your personal information.

These checks will usually be complete within 2 working days, so please come back to review the outcome of your application."

At this stage is there anything manual I should be doing to expedite the process?

Thanks
  • MSE_Dan_L
    At this stage is there anything manual I should be doing to expedite the process?

Thanks

Please do drop us a note through to creditclub@moneysavingexpert.com and we'll ask Experian to try and get this resolved for you.
  • Rich2808
    Rich2808 Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 March 2017 at 7:24PM
    Compared to my noddle and clearscore reports I don’t find this very complete or accurate.

My report is claiming I have no credit cards – I have several. It does report one of my current accounts – but only with Tesco which is not overdrawn nor reported as such. It reports 3 linked addresses - all variants of my home address - but seemingly cannot link them with all my current and credit card accounts.

My report also proceeds to inform me (see below) that my credit utilisation is high – even though the report suggests I have no credit cards or overdrafts?

Credit utilisation
    You're using quite a bit of the credit available to you. This may make lenders think twice about lending, as you may be over-committed. Consider whether you're able to pay off any of the debt you already have before getting more.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    Rich2808 wrote: »
    My report is claiming I have no credit cards – I have several. It does report one of my current accounts – but only with Tesco which is not overdrawn nor reported as such. It reports 3 linked addresses - all variants of my home address - but seemingly cannot link them with all my current and credit card accounts.

Hi Rich2808

Thanks for flagging this issue.

It sounds like not all of your credit file information is being picked up on your Credit Club report. The best way to get this looked into is by raising a query with Experian with the 'need some help' button within your Credit Club report. It'll then be able to look into these and hopefully fix it for you.

I won't go too far into the technicalities behind the tool, but the dashboard and report details are driven from two separate calls to the credit bureau. So it sounds like the utilisation score is seeing your cards, but your report isn't.

I hope this helps - I'm sure Experian will be able to assist you with this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure