This challenge is about listing everything you spend.;

Greetings Cards
Presents
Food shopping
Bills
Credit
Newspapers
subscriptions
small items eg newspapers , drinks , sweets (it all adds up)
Direct Debits

EVERYTHING YOU SPEND - I am curious to see how much we spend in a year and where cutbacks can be made.

No need to count savings going between bank accounts as you still have the money.

This challenge will start on the 1st January 2017

1.ILovecomps
2 .Harleyquinn
3. indigowarrior
4. micron
5.*Jellie*
6. PoorGuyNextDoor
7 .abby1234519
8 .NJS2016
9. Miss D Meanour
10. cazmcf
11. GasMonkey
12. Psychobabble78
13. squirrelgirl
14.cybertortoise
15. angelicious
16.focus888
17sunshineyday
18 mumtoomany
19 abundant1972
20 Jo Bloggs
I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

Comments

• karenccs67
    karenccs67 Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    I'd like to follow this threat, we are struggling at the moment, I'm trying to get a job but in the meantime we need to look at our finances.
    ***Dont save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving***
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,293 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    karenccs67 wrote: »
    I'd like to follow this threat, we are struggling at the moment, I'm trying to get a job but in the meantime we need to look at our finances.

Would you like to join in this thread or just follow it . If you wish to join in I can allocate you a number.
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Challenges

• karenccs67
    karenccs67 Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Would you like to join in this thread or just follow it . If you wish to join in I can allocate you a number.

Follow it please
    ***Dont save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving***
  • Can I join please? I think this will help me cut down my spending
    Debt Paid - £0/£7240
    Debt free goal date - 30 April 2019.
  • I_Love_comps
    Can I join please? I think this will help me cut down my spending

Welcome to the challenge I have given you No. 2

I am hoping that by writing down everything we spend , we may think if we need that item or not - if we do looks at shops that may sell it cheaper than where you normally shop.

My Challenges

• can i join please.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • I_Love_comps
    can i join please.
    Welcome to the challenge . I have given you No.3

My Challenges

• micron_2
    micron_2 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Hi, I would love to join this challenge. I keep telling myself that I should keep a check of what I spend but haven't been disciplined enough to see it through. I am sure this thread will keep me on track. Thanks for starting it.
    Save £12k in 2017 #14
    How much will you spend in 2017 #4
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I need to get better at tracking expenses but wouldn't want to declare every spend online. If I join could I just update as to whether I have successfully tracked spending each week and any insights etc from the process?
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • I_Love_comps
    micron wrote: »
    Hi, I would love to join ln this challenge. I keep telling myself that I should keep a check of what I spend but haven't been disciplined enough to see it through. I am sure this thread will keep me on track. Thanks for starting it.
    Thanks for joining,you are No.4

My Challenges

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure