B&Q Kitchen Cupboard doors £1 online

Comments

• I got some nice t-bar style handles from ebay. Well pleased. The total cost of doors-handles & deliveries is £40- Bargain!
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    berry wrote: »
    I'm having the same thoughts about plinths/carcasses etc as pepperoni... Can't seem to find any and I really don't want to buy the special base cabinets. In fact - I can't even find them online. The only ones for IT kitchens are white.

Still, I think I might get them. May be able to track mouldings and plinths down later.

Happy DIYing!!

If you're looking for mouldings and plinths, take a look in your local B&Q and see if there's a large bucket there with reduced price returns/slightly short lengths.

We did our kitchen last year (sadly not £1 a door!) and I managed to pick up all the cornice and pelmet much cheaper than the shelf prices.
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    this is fabulous deal! cant wait till OH gets up so he can work out which ones we need :D

DONT FORGET QUIDCO OFFERS CASHBACK ON THESE TOO!!!
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • lawrie28
    lawrie28 Posts: 2,666
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    With regards to cabinets, I recall another post on here saying to get the design of your kitchen sorted by the kitchen people in b+q, then take it to the trade counter and they would basically undercut any price as they also have targets on kitchen sales. I guess you could buy the doors first, then see what they can do on the cabinets, plinths etc. etc.

Does anyone know if Screwfix kitchens are the same as they are owned by the same group? might be a way of finding matching colours etc.

Ikeas Handles and Worktops are cheap, as I said before, but they also have good price sinks etc. particularly if people are after the ceramic ones. Taps aren't bad, if they have them in stock..... I only have limited experience of this, so someone else probably has better experience of this and can recommend others.
  • topsy
    topsy Posts: 6 Forumite
    pepperoni wrote: »
    I assume these doors do not come with hinges and you are supposed to use your original ones. Are people finding that they fit okay and I've noticed on the B&Q photo's the doors fit flush within the cabinet carcass whereas most I've seen and currently have fit pround of the carcass; is everyone finding these are fitting okay? Thanks :)

You just get the basic door (no hinges or handles)

They fit with standard 35mm cabinet hinges.

We have tried a couple in place and look great. They fit as normal doors on the outside of the cabinet carcasses (both edges of the doors are rounded so the photos may be deceptive)

The Sage green are also in the offer but dont seem to be available instore or advertised on the site along with the other 3 styles.

At least we have something to to on a rainy Sunday!
  • crybabyaj
    crybabyaj Posts: 69
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks to all for the posts on this one.

We got all doors for our kitchen (and some spare in case of mistakes .... we are new to DIY). I did have to vist 3 stores to get them all though!

The assistants couldn't believe the prices on these ... though I declined to buy the handles (would have tripled the price!).
  • bob-a-job_2
    bob-a-job_2 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Thanks so much for this!! I have been dreaming about renovating my minging kitchen but thought i'd have to save up hundreds of pounds first - i've just bought two sets of door and drawer fronts (16) for £21.00 delivered! (they won't arrive until Oct but that gives me a chance to paint).
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No.1378 -
    Target = £300 by 5 December 2011
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,117
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Be careful if you buy the Sage Green doors, we were told yesterday that this range is being discontinued, so you will need to get everything now.

There are no plans to discontinue the wood effect ones.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • I clicked on the link posted by the OP and I can see the £1 a door offer, but when I click on it it doesn't go anywhere?
  • adiwood
    adiwood Posts: 211 Forumite
    Bought £12 worth of the Walnut ones today so I can restyle my [STRIKE]kichen[/STRIKE]..... bathroom :rotfl:

Got some shelfs around the sink, although I would like to add some cupboard fronts to them. I will need to do some cutting, but shouldnt be to bad, and will hide all the stuff we have in there on the shelfs.

Just have to look out for some nice handles now, although will shop around. :j
    £4000 in 2011 - £48.88/£4000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport