My Diary v3.0

Comments

• natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    £2.72 confirmed to pay out from Q.co. WHOOP WHOOP!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • natsplatnat
    O.Poll now up to £14.45 = 36.125% Getting there.... s l o w l y!
  • natsplatnat
    edited 5 September 2015 at 8:31AM
    Well here we are - back at Friday again!

Love a nice short week (although I am in work tomorrow!)

8 payments to go!! That is just 3 weeks! I cannot wait! To be fair there will be a bit of money that I will need to give to OH once we have been on holiday - but that can be paid back at a much lower weekly / month amount and it won't be a fortune! For my own sanity I am not going to class that as a debt! I think I will think of it more of putting money into savings ... as essentially, that's where it came from! :)

The T-shirt on fleabay went for a rather disappointing amount - but I suppose that is the risk you take with the auction side of the site. 3 more items finish this evening. One is at £10.49, another at £8.50 and the third has 3 watchers but no bids. I am hopeful! One item went unsold last night, but I do not want to re-list it yet as it means it would finish whilst I am on holibobs and don't want the buyer to have to wait for me to despatch it.

Have managed to keep holiday item purchases to a minimum - all suntan lotion etc bought on offer or from T*Maxx (one of my most favourite shops!) I 'treated' myself to a pair of shorts and a couple of pairs of Plimsolls from Pr1mani, along with a top and a short jumpsuit-thing from N3wL00k. All in the sale - total spend on clothing £27.00 which is not too shabby at all!

OH has finally spoken to his bank about reclaiming ppi. We now have a pile of forms to fill in - looks like my evenings will be busy for a while! lol (OH has zero patience when it comes to form filling!) Fingers crossed something will come of the claim - and then OH might have the gumption to start on all the other things he has had ppi on!! GULP!!

Have a good weekend all - a little more summer-like weather would be nice! xxx
  • 8 payments to go, that's awesome progress!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • natsplatnat
    Morning!
    Thanks DFOD - I can't believe the 'end is in sight! I am trying to resist the odd "extra" purchase .... would be so easy as I am so close now... but I really do not want to jeopardise my end date! By the end of the month I WILL BE DEBT FREE!
    Fleabay ended last night. One went for £21.05 and another for £10.50 (both +P&P). The 3rd item went unpaid... possibly the wrong time of year to be listing shorts? The 2 sold items will be posted Monday! Would be nice if a couple of the smaller items on BIN sold over the weekend as well!
    Added a little bit to my Q.co balance yesterday by buying my brothers b'day present online. Will go and visit him this afternoon and then home. Must take a look at OH's ppi forms this evening - would like to get them back to the bank before we go away. If they uphold the claim, that could be quite a nice chunk!
    Right, I am at work, so I suppose I should be doing work related items instead of being on here!
    Happy weekend everyone! x
  • O.Poll up to £15.00 = £37.5% Seems to have slowed down again!

Off to the PO today with 4 fleabay items! YAY!
  • natsplatnat
    O.Poll up to £16.10 = 40.25%
  • Happy Friday Peeps! x

Weekly update time...

O.Poll up to £16.70
    Nothing else sold on fleabay - so that is it now until I return from holibobs.
    Money moved around - 2 weeks today I will have repaid OH in full! (5 weeks early due to sticking small amounts of money aside every week!) (probably won't actually transfer the money until Monday 28th due to being away - want the satisfaction of transferring it myself rather than forward-dating a transfer!)
    Everything in place for holibobs - just need to pack on Monday evening.
    OH's ppi claim posted on Wednesday - fingers crossed that comes back upheld! Would be nice to see something positive on the doormat when we get back from holiday!!
    I am house-sitting for free until Monday (for my boss who is away for his birthday).. then home, pack and fly away!

So, for the next couple of weeks, that is it from me. I am sooo ready for holiday. I have only taken 4.5 days annual leave so far this year (bearing in mind I work alternate 5 and 6 day weeks!!) so I am more than ready for a break!!

Catch you all soon, when I will be DF!!! xxx
  • Have a great time and I'll be looking for the big announcement on your return xxxxxxxxxxx
    LBM- finally kicked in 16/12/08 @ [strike]£41,862 [/strike] £0.00/ DFD- 24/12/13 :D

• Happy Monday Everyone!!

Well, I am back from my hols - didn't realise how much I needed a break until I was there! It was fab and I am now back at work and ready to plough on until the end of the year (we have enforced shutdown over Christmas - and although I have a few days leave left to take, that will be my next long time off work (about 12 days in total).

So, after ploughing through 13 days worth of unread emails (365 in total) I have found time to log online..... move money.... and officially declare myself "DEBT FREE!!!" :beer: :j:beer::j:beer:
    So, now it is time to start a new challenge.... staying this way!:p
    I may have just over-stretched myself a little in getting DF 5 weeks earlier than originally planned. In a fortnights time I will actually dip into my OD for 3 days.... but, I can move some money from the household account to my account to cover it and then move it back on the Friday meaning I won't accrue any interest or charges. Once that little blip is out of the way, I can start looking further ahead and working out a whole new batch of plans!!!

So, there you have it. The end of an era!! I really don't know if I could have done it without my wonderful OH lending me the money interest-free. I would hate to think how much I would still have to be paying back if I had been accruing interest all this time! I will ponder over my 'top tips' - things that really helped me over the course of the years and share them all later. For now, I have to plough on with the mountain of paperwork that is on my desk! I have only been back for 6 hours!!! ;)

TTFN! (don't worry, you won't get rid of me - I need somewhere to log my plans etc - this place keeps me on the straight and narrow!)

xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback