The Swagbucks Challenge - Part 2

cally6008
cally6008 Posts: 7,629
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 13 September 2012 at 7:16AM in Boost your income
Part One is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3883703

(this post is copied from Part One)

This challenge is simple, its about using the site called swagbucks to make yourself some money.

Swagbucks is one of several get paid to sites that i use but it one of my favourites, and i know for a fact that you can earn £25 a month by using the site because i do so nearly every month :D.

If you haven't used a get paid to site before, it just means that you can earn either points or cash from completing certain actions on the site. Swagbucks offers many ways, such as surveys, videos, tasks, polls, games, competitions.......lots of things really.

Although i can't post an exact guide to earning on the site (cos they wouldn't like that too much!) i hope to be able to give some hints and tips, and maybe even get some new ones myself!

So if you would like to take part in the challenge and increase your income by 300+ a year then feel free to join me :)

For anyone new to SB here is a quick guide to daily earning:

Daily Poll - 1SB
NOSO - (just click right through to the video box and play, no need to sign up for anything!) 2SB
Searches - random amounts allocated for random searches - min 2 wins a day
SBTV - 3SB for every 10 videos (max 75 SB daily)
Toolbar - if you download this you will get 1sb a day
Surveys - easiest way to earn - check you have opted in for trusted surveys (there is a questionnaire to complete to get started)
Special Offers - watch out for more videos and surveys in there, we will also let you know which other offers track ok in the thread
Inbox - check out your inbox for extra earning opportunities.
Tasks - some can be complicated and some quite easy - usually the check the details of website ones are easy.
Games - play games for free - "SB awarded for every 2 completed and score submitted - max of 10 SB a day

Other Useful Info

The swagbucks day starts and ends at 8am our time in the UK

The facebook page is a good source of info, though tends to be relating to offers in US rather than here.

It is not against swagbucks terms to hold multiple accounts at the one address (however they seem to have an issue with more than 2). Multiple accounts are not to be held by one person or to be shared.

Terminology Guide:

SB - swagbucks (either the site or the points/currency)

NOSO - no obligation special offer - relates to the NOSO section of the site

Dub - The 2nd search win in a day
Trip - The 3rd search win in a day
Quad - The 4th search win in a day

DQ - disqualified - usually relating to surveys

Hope that helps :D do shout if you need any guidance - we all know lots of bits to do and are happy to share our knowledge!
Useful Links - You may want to bookmark these
Swagbucks USA Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/swagbucks?ref=stream

Swagbucks UK Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/SwagbucksUK?ref=stream

Swagbucks Twitter page - https://twitter.com/swagbucks

Swagging 101 website - https://sites.google.com/site/swagin101/
(lots of useful information on here)

Swagbucks Swidget Link - http://www.themommysaver.com/
(scroll down to see the widget on the right hand side, click SC to see if any swag codes are out, doesn't always tell the truth)
Surveys - What you can and can't do

Daily Surveys - Found on homepage tab

You will see cards on the homepage which look like this

391428_4252376023942_1386646782_n.jpg

There has been a lot of talk, arguments, upset and confusion over these.

You are allowed to complete and get paid 70sb for ONE daily survey per day

You are allowed to attempt as many daily surveys as you like ... BUT once you complete one (and see the confirmation page), that is your one done for the day

If you do not receive your swagbucks straight away, screenshot the confirmation page ready to send in to support.

PLEASE NOTE - DOING MORE THAN ONE PER DAY AND GETTING 70SB EACH TIME FOR THEM ... MAY RESULT IN SWAGBUCKS TERMINATING YOUR ACCOUNT PERMANENTLY

Offer Wall Surveys (on Special Offers tab)

You can do as many surveys on this section as you like.

If the survey says "you may complete one survey a day" like shown on Trial Pay > Surveys > Ampario .. then that is all you can do

Peanut Labs (aka PL) = If you have not looked at this offer wall yet, there is a small box at the top about joining for surveys (I can't remember exact wording). Fill in the questions truthfully, I think there's only about 20-25 questions and this opens up the PL surveys for you.

Keep checking PL as you never know when surveys may appear.
Some PL surveys give you 1sb for getting disqualified, some don't.

Trusted Surveys

I can't remember the exact wording on the page when you very first look at it but I think you have to activate it.

Profile surveys are found on the right hand side.
Fill these in when they appear, worth 2sb each (or whatever it says)
There are a couple that don't finish properly. Do not worry about these, they go eventually and it has no impact on your surveys

Main surveys will appear as and when they come out.
Some people get lots, some people get surveys that you won't get.
Do not worry about it, keep checking and surveys will appear eventually
You get 1sb for getting disqualified for a maximum of 5sb a day (but only if you see the message telling you this!)
Reward Payments
You can only claim 5 of any one reward in a month, but you can claim other rewards as well.
You can only claim 2 rewards per day

Paypal payments

Swagbucks/paypal do not charge for receiving paypal payments

£5 = 1049 sb
£10 = 1999 sb
£25 = 4949 sb
£50 = 9399 sb
£100 = 17,999 sb = best value

Swagbucks have removed the option for UK members to claim USD paypal payments
Some members may have USD payments in their wishlist so still able to claim them

Amazon Vouchers - Prices updated 12 September 2012

£5 amazon voucher = [STRIKE]849 sb[/STRIKE] ... 999 sb
£25 amazon voucher = [STRIKE]5250 sb[/STRIKE] ... 4,699 sb
£50 amazon voucher = [STRIKE]9600 sb[/STRIKE] ... 9,199 sb
£100 amazon = [STRIKE]20,000 sb[/STRIKE] ... 17,999 sb
£500 amazon = [STRIKE]97,000 sb[/STRIKE] ... 82,999 sb = best value

Also available are ... Please note - these are E-Gift cards so will be used for spending online
HMV
House of Fraser
Itunes
New Look
Not receiving credits for offers completed ? Read This ... (copied from GiftHulk website but same things apply to Swagbucks and Superpoints)
Possible reasons for not receiving Hulk Coins for Offer Completion:
1- If you did not fulfill or meet all of the requirements necessary to be awarded.
2- Your browser security settings are configured to not accept third-party cookies, causing the report to fail.
3- If you have ad blocking software it will prevent advertisers from placing the cookies required to track the offers.

If all these reasons are irrelevant in your case, you can always get help from the Support Staff!

General rules:
Keep all proofs of completion (PIN numbers, confirmation texts, member registrations, payment receipts, invoices, etc.) for your records.

In some cases a confirmation link is sent to your email address. Be sure to check your spam folder for pending confirmations.

FAQ:

What steps do I need to take to complete an offer?
The instructions to complete an offer are written under each offer description. For all offers, you MUST provide accurate information and meet the advertiser’s requirements. Points will not be awarded if you submit incorrect information. Also, do not refresh the page anytime during the completion process. It could harm our ability to track your progress.

Can I complete an offer more than once?

No, each offer may only be completed once. You will not be awarded for any additional attempts.

If an error occurs during the completion process, do I still get my points?

Unfortunately, points will NOT be awarded if an error occurs and you were not able to complete the offer requirements. Please report problematic offers to our customer support team and we will investigate the matter.

How do I cancel or unsubscribe from an offer I completed?

Products and services subscribed or purchased through Offer Walls and EZ Coins offers are all from third-party advertisers. To cancel or unsubscribe from an offer, you will need to contact the advertisers directly.

Comments

• looie
    looie Posts: 706 Forumite
    thanks for the shiny new thread cally6008 :D
  • savingmummy
    savingmummy Posts: 2,915
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 29 August 2012 at 7:50PM
    Done really well today 367/130

Mcdonalds offer via FB on trialpay - 23SB instant credit.
    DebtFree FEB 2010!
    Slight blip in 2013 - Debtfree Aug 2014 :j

Savings £132/£1000.
  • Apple_Crumble
    Apple_Crumble Posts: 1,054
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Good idea, Cally. Thanks for creating this new thread. :)
  • Giggles86
    Giggles86 Posts: 526 Forumite
    Oooh a shiny new thread :) I'm on my way to my 3rd Amazon voucher in less than 3 weeks :)
    *2014 £365/365days - £52/£365* *20p Savers club #17 £12.00/£50*
    March 2014 NSD 0/15 take lunch to work march 0/21
    sealed Pot Challenge #260
    NMB books: 6/94+ NMB DVDs: 13/67
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away."
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Great idea Cally - thanks for starting this :T
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • zahariel
    zahariel Posts: 180 Forumite
    We like the shiney!!
    Swagbucks:
    2012 = £225 (august onwards)
    2013 = £400 so far...
  • cally6008
    Forumite
    Thanks everyone

I've claimed £30 paypal so far in just august. It helped that I won the "swagbucks hourly winner"
  • amazon £25 voucher is 5,250 points for me take it it's gone up then
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    cally6008 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone

I've claimed £30 paypal so far in just august. It helped that I won the "swagbucks hourly winner"

Congrats on winning, Cally. It's good to hear that someone from the UK has won :)
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • cally6008
    Forumite
    It's always been that as far as I know irishlad25

Just added a bit to first topic about offer walls and credits
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories