PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Evening all.

My day today didn't start well, when I discovered one of my neighbours (or maybe someone visiting one of my neighbours) has broken the wing mirror off my car and didn't even have the courtesy to leave an apologetic note. :mad:

However:

1) Managed to wedge my wing mirror back on: it's not properly fixed but I hope it will do until I get back from holiday.

2) Only a week until I go away on holiday. :j

3) Found a book I've been wanting to read on special offer in Tesco, so I've got something to read while I'm away on holiday.

4) Working out a meal plan for next week which will use up all the perishable bits in the fridge before I go away. (Hmm, anyone spotting a theme here? ;))

5) Nice if rather naughty dinner of chilli burritos with chilli cheese topping. :drool:

Have a pleasant evening, all. (And particularly you, Frith - I can only echo everyone else that you deserve far better than someone who can't make his mind up.)
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Evening all,

CCP - :mad:

Frith - I loved Wall-E... it was endearingly sweet and I cried at the end! Hope you have sorted things with your OH. You need to decide what is best for you and dn't settle for someone who doesn't take your feelings in consideration.

1) A long day in the office... 12 hours straight... with a brief excursion to shops to buy a bra for the Moonwalk... the one they sent me was dull and boring.

2) Naughty treat this evening - fresh asparagus (YS) followed buy some HM pancakes to use up some eggs that were past their best.

3) Chatted to my mum on the phone (using the work phone!)

4) The walk into town was lovely - I really needed the fresh air, and my loely colleague really needed to vent so it was good for both of us

5) Lead a workshop this morning which I was a little worried about is it was a little exploratory but I think the outcome was good. Now the hard work starts when I have to try to make it all happen.

night night all

L
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Frith - (((hugs))) My thoughts are with you.

Here's some pleasures for today:

1. Found a strawberry planter in Mr M on an RTC at £2.48! I can't do anything with it this year, but I can start growing them next year. Mum has said she'll train the next runners that come off hers and pot it for me to take home. :)
    2. A nice hot bath.
    3. Had a nice time at Mum's tonight.

That's about it, really. Here's to a better tomorrow. Have a nice evening, everyone.

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,146 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 8 June 2011 at 10:43PM
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    (((Frith))) He's being very trying isn't he? What do you want?

:rotfl:house elf :rotfl: The temptation to leave you guessing about the light 'flesh coloured cord' is very strong! Actually it's rather boring - I'm experimenting with making arms for peg doll people and I didn't want to use pipecleaners. Using plain white cord makes the dolls look as if they have had their arms in bleach all day :D but tea-dyed cord is a perfect colour! I must experiment with trying out other kitchen cupboard things as fabric dyes, especially if salt works as a fixative.

Anyway, my five for Wednesday:

1. Unexpectedly having both DSs at home all day. They usually have things outside the house to do on Wednesdays but because it's half term they've been cancelled and we've had some good chats at various points today.

2. That lovely sweetcorn at supper time.

3. Catching up on the serialisation of 'Will in the World' on Radio 4 Extra - it's the story of Shakespeare's life built up from what fragmentary evidence there is and it's a very enjoyable listen.

4. Got my bedding and jamas washed and line dried. Clean and gorgeous smelling bed tonight!

5. Watching the bees foraging on what seems like the last of the flowers on our rosemary bush. They were being so thorough - didn't seem to miss any.

Sweet dreams

B x
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Should be asleep by now as tomorrow (today) is going to be a bit hectic but just had to look in before bed to see if there were any more posts. Addict!

I've read your stop press Frith and the first thing I have to say is, it's absolutely not you who's the wally. You've acted in a perfectly acceptable manner, meanwhile Mr N has shown his true colours, especially ignoring two innocent boys, which imho makes him a wally and very ill-mannered. Better to find out now how he treats your boys and you when he's in a sulk, that when it's got any more serious, or worse, rings on fingers are involved. Treat him with the contempt he deserves by ignoring him completely, and go about your own lives happily.(((Hugs))) to the three of you. S x
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Morning

Frith - Hugs to you and you are so not a wally. He is the one who can't see what is infront of him which is an amazing strong independant woman.

Pleasures for the last couple of days:
    1. OH helping to cook dinner, doesn't happen very often but was nice to have the help sort of, he does make a mess in the kitchen.
    2. Chat with DD who is having a great time at my parents. She is catching up with all the friends she has made there over the years.
    3. Lunch sat outside in the sunshine with my friend. We were laughing so much it hurt.
    4. Won some tickets for the Rugby on Saturday. So a cheap day out as we can get the bus instead of using the car.
    5. Have been making an effort to use up things in the freezer but still so much in there.

Hugs to all who need them
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Frith - hugs to you and stay positive - you deserve someone better who treats you and your sons well.

1. NSD

2. Chocolate biscuits at work.

3. DS2 made tea - pasta with bacon, onions and creme fraiche - yummy.

4. Chat with a couple of people while walking my dog.

5. Seeing a hot air balloon - I too would love to go up in one.

6. Washing dried on line.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,194 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    hello, Thursday evening here, where has the week gone to?

1. Been a nice sunny day here was a freak 19o but back to cool from tomorrow! Got washing out on the line & dry! Got a shock when I saw my back grass.....not been out since I started work & er....grass needs cut! There are no windows at back of house.....incase you are wondering!

2.Good day at work, I am working with some lovely,funny young people. One of the girls called me 'mum' today....and then quickly apologised!

3.Saw more lovely birds today! I must get a bird book so I can identify them. I wish you could hear the noise they make, so ,so noisy but in a good way!

4.Home, washing in, quick shower & back out as my son had an interview for an after school job, so we all went along for the ride & had our tea out! I had some lovely spicy noodles which were very yummy!

5.Got a huge bag of satsumas in a greengrocers more than 50% cheaper than supermarkets are selling them for. They are in season and very tasty!

Enjoy your day!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,146 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 8 June 2011 at 10:43PM
    the sun is shining and we are off into town to meet a friend I went to Sixth form college with and her children. We will be making use of the Chinese buffet restaurant before we meet them (£3.50 for children!).

After that we are off to mum and dad's for tea and will do a slow worm hunt and check on the piglets. If I get a film of the piglets playing hide and seek around their pig ark, I'll post a link on here. :-D

Hope everyone has a good day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport