Lloyds have frozen my account

Comments

• Ed-1 wrote: »
    If there's a 646 blocking indicator on the account, any payments in will bounce straight back again, so get any CB payments redirected to another account.

Not true, credits that have been going to the account for a while (such as child benefit) are still accepted.
    DEBT FREE!

Debt free by Xmas 2014: £3555.67/£4805.67 (73.99%)
    Debt free by Xmas 2015: £1250/£1250 (100.00%)
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,140
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    can't believe I'm going to have to use them when I have over £10k in my account.

It's a very frustrating situation.

You still have some cash in the ISA? If so, move some of that to Barclays and get in touch with SMP/CB admin to request future payments credited to Barclays?

Your friends/family/ baby's father would help out in the short term in these awkward circumstances?
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,777
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    adindas wrote: »
    If you get picked up by the newbies working in the bank then yes ...
    For senior bankers they could easily see that If the money is coming and going into UK Bank A/C almost no chance for AML.

I have about £35,000 each month coming in and out from my Santander 123. I never get any problem with Santander.

But it was an when I tried to open a new bank account with Lloyds Bank and it were dealt by a newbies ... It will need the senior staff involvement before they decide it was not a money Laundry.

It seems to LBS is the one in the front line for mistakenly pick upi someone for money Laundry. I have seen a few cases like this in this forum vast majority come from LBS.

By 'cash' I meant actual paper money/notes going over the counter or into/out of cash machines such as a drug dealer might do rather than transfers between UK accounts which myself and many others would be doing while chasing interest rates/funding regular savers.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,867
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Not true, credits that have been going to the account for a while (such as child benefit) are still accepted.

Before the block, yes. After the block, no (if it's a 646).
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    OP try and contact your MP, they would be eager to help no doubt, vulnerable consitituent versus a bid nasty bank, they'd be onto the chief execs office, though you could try this approach directly as well.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,805
    Forumite
    edited 17 October 2016 at 3:53PM
    TheShape wrote: »
    By 'cash' I meant actual paper money/notes going over the counter or into/out of cash machines such as a drug dealer might do rather than transfers between UK accounts which myself and many others would be doing while chasing interest rates/funding regular savers.

I mean not hand in money cash but by faster payment FPI and FPO ...
    I mean LBG and not LBS ...
  • Ed-1
    Forumite
    adindas wrote: »
    I mean not hand in money cash but by faster payment FPI and FPO ...
    I mean LBG and not LBS ...

The problem on MSE is that several users are too clever for the bank... to their own downfall of naive bank employees. Obviously the OP wasn't playing any games with current account but the same applies regarding blocking/closing accounts all too readily.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,078
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 17 October 2016 at 4:52PM
    It may speed things up if the OP complains direct to Lloyds Bank complaints dept online or on the phone. I normally find they are excellent and a quick response and will contact the relevant depts to find out what the situation is.

https://secure.lloydsbank.com/online_forms/contact_us/ocf.asp
  • Ed-1 wrote: »
    Before the block, yes. After the block, no (if it's a 646).

Incorrect.
    DEBT FREE!

Debt free by Xmas 2014: £3555.67/£4805.67 (73.99%)
    Debt free by Xmas 2015: £1250/£1250 (100.00%)
  • Ed-1
    Forumite
    edited 17 October 2016 at 6:42PM
    Incorrect.

A 646 by definition makes account transactions prohibited. I know from experience. Anything sent to the account bounces straight back (i.e. it rejects the payment).

Of course the OP may not have a 646. They might have an indicator that blocks outgoing payments.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure