moorcroft

just after some advice - my sister owes some money to Wageday - they have written to her to say that they have passed it on to Moorcroft

now she doesnt dispute that she owes the money but just wants to know if she can try to come to an arrangement with wageday still? or does she have to make any payments to moorcroft as they have the debt now?

should add moorcroft have not yet contacted her about this

if she calls wageday and they accept payment is there a chance moorcroft will still pursue it?

any advice will be helpful!
thank you in advance

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 January 2018 at 1:27AM
    Hi,

Moorcroft are debt collectors who manage accounts on behalf of their clients, they do not buy debts, nor do they own them in any way, shape or form, all they do is act as a 3rd party collector.

You can simply ignore them should you wish, and try to deal directly with the original creditor.

They only act on what there client tells them, no more, no less.

If you arrange payment with wageday advance, them Moorcroft will be instructed to return your file with no further action.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure