Npower in-home display not showing gas consistently

Options
thor
thor Posts: 5,483 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
Does anyone with an Npower smart meter find that their in-home display regularly loses the gas data from the main meter? The electric is solidly linked at all times but the gas is very flaky and it makes the cost of energy used in the display inaccurate as it only works out the electric when the gas link is not there.

Comments

• House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    Options
    thor wrote: »
    Does anyone with an Npower smart meter find that their in-home display regularly loses the gas data from the main meter? The electric is solidly linked at all times but the gas is very flaky and it makes the cost of energy used in the display inaccurate as it only works out the electric when the gas link is not there.
    Just out of interest can you tell me the make of smart meter that Npower are using
  • nPower
    nPower Posts: 1,319 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thor wrote: »

Hi thor,

Thanks for your message. Please contact us using the details on our profile page so we can help with any issues you're having with your smart meter display.

Thanks,

Jen :)
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
  • thor
    thor Posts: 5,483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just out of interest can you tell me the make of smart meter that Npower are using
    Sorry to get I'm a bit late getting back.
    There is a sticker saying 'Green Energy Options' and the markings state that it is a Geo Duet 2.
    The gas readings came back this morning after almost a week of being absent. How long it will last is anybody's guess.
  • Janspencer
    Janspencer Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 23 November 2018 at 7:59AM
    Options
    Hi, I know this thread is old but I'm having the same issue with my npower smart meter. I've switched the smart meter display off for a minute but the gas just doesn't show. It's been like this for a few weeks. It happened before and came back up after a day of so but not this time. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure